SAU Community

Disconnecting Battery, Alarm Goes Off!

Slats

Hey all,

Just trying to do a few things with my car which requires disconnecting the batter leads to the car battery.

The unit has a digital back up battery which of course sets of the siren as soon as i disconnect the battery leads.

This nearly made me go deaf when i first disconnect the leads! :P

My question is, how can i disconnect the leads without the bloody siren going off? Is it as simple as disarming the alarm and then do the work? I'm pretty sure the car was disarmed when i disconnected the leads yet the sirens till went off.

Thanks.

Slats

Someone answered this for me a while ago. It's obvious to me now, but I didn't think of it at the time.

You should have a key for the siren, usually mounted in the enginebay. The key turns the siren off so you can disconnect the battery. It's a tamper-proof feature of the alarm. =-]

Hey guys,

Thankf ror the replies.

Yeah digital backup battery, no key.

maybe I should be patient and give the manufacturer a call tomorrow!~ hehehe :O But I'm sure it can;t be somethign too hard.

Slats

Hey all,

Just trying to do a few things with my car which requires disconnecting the batter leads to the car battery.

The unit has a digital back up battery which of course sets of the siren as soon as i disconnect the battery leads.

This nearly made me go deaf when i first disconnect the leads! :D

My question is, how can i disconnect the leads without the bloody siren going off? Is it as simple as disarming the alarm and then do the work? I'm pretty sure the car was disarmed when i disconnected the leads yet the sirens till went off.

Thanks.

Slats

After disarming the alarm the siren should not sound when the battery is disconnected if it is digital, if it does then contact the manufacterer.

After disarming the alarm the siren should not sound when the battery is disconnected if it is digital, if it does then contact the manufacterer.

should be the one we think one we think it is.