SAU Community

Button Clutches

Hi

This will probably sound nobbish but what is the difference between button clutches and normal, as i have been driving for years but only just now learning how to drive manual due to finally saving enough to get my 33.

the 33 gtst in question has a lot of aftermarket parts on it including a gtr button clutch :D

I know obviosly being a higher performance clutch it will be harder to drive, what are the advantages to this?

Cheers

Guest INASNT

if its a brass button clutch then its either on or off.

I remember driving my mates supra which has a brass button clutch, u cant ride it much and i kept stalling it, till i got used to it!

I've had a few now with no bad reports.

Can put extra strain on Gearbox's and diffs, due to uncomprimising bite when disengaged....but is reasuring to know when hittin 4th under full load / Boost you are not gettin any slip :P

The 5 puck varietys are a little easier to live with than ones with lesser pucks.

Normally around the $500 mark for a 5 puck brass button for SR's / RB's

Originally posted by GTS-t VSPEC

The more pucks the easier it is to drive, plus don't get too heavy a pressure plate, can make it a nightmare in slow traffic.

See'ya:burnout:

that with the pressure plate is not quite true. one of my friends has a pressure plate that handles over 1200nm in his R33. its not very hard to press down. and its still standard wisko clutch cylinders.

but the 6 button clutch plate is quite harddriven if you slipping much on so it get´s hot.

Wiktor

Instead of having a complete disc for a friction plate, they have a number of "paddles" this increases the clamping pressure relative to the decrease in surface area.....

depending on material the amount of "bite"

Some like 'em, some don't...

If you look on justjap site they have pic. If you are just learning a manual.... you wont know any difference.

Ciao