SAU Community

Cold Air Box For Gtr34

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a cold air box to cover up the two apexi pod filters, but don't know who supplies them.

I'm not dressing up the engine bay, so a simpe one will do...

If anyone knows where and how much, please let me know thanks....really appriciated.

cheers !!

If you're making less than 600hp then go back to the standard airbox and problem solved.

If you really are not interested in dressing up the engine bay then there's not much point in using pod filters on a stock or around 400-450hp GTR the airbox is hardly a restriction. As long as you've removed the factory plastic plate from the airbox wheel arch intake.

that's interesting to know. But it's abit strange that the others told me that we should gain about 5kw with the apexi pod filters over the stock panel one, isn't this true ???

Nope. You're losing power in day to day driving. Hot air in the engine bay directly fed into your engine. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. A partition blocking the engine bay heat will work I suppose but unless you spend a lot of money or time fabricating your own it's gonna look crap and cops love pointing out that kind of thing.

If it's just a track car then yeah maybe keep the pods.

Just take a look at some of the best GTR's out there, Mines, Nismo Z-Tune, theyre all using the factory airbox. The GTR airbox is a pretty decent item when you look at it closely. Just grab a K&N or Splitfire panel filter and away you go.

I have seen a few custom boxes made up that enclose pod filters. Performance Metalcraft in Sydney have a made a couple. But any decent performance fabrication place could do it. It anint gonna be overly cheap though, id say $300-$400 depending on materials used. My R32 GTR came with twin K&N pods, ive been measureing it up to see if i can build something to cover them up and avoid a defect notice. Im not interested in how it looks, ive seen a few GTR's that use perspex to cover the pods, but this is more bling.

One defect fine for pods would pay for your custom airbox though, and piece of mind.

hmmm!! I wonder what kind of panel fiter are using in Mine's GTR34 and Z-tune and how much are they worth (aust $) ??

Anyway, thanks for the advices guys. cheers!!!

Z-tune is running a Nismo one.

Mine's is anyone's guess.