SAU Community

Squeal at 6,000 rpm.....

Lozza150

Hmmmm.... for a while now i have this really annoying squeal at 6,000 rpm.

I thought at first it could be the fan belts, or worse, the water pump.

Before i take it to the mechanic.... I'd love some advice ....has anyone else had this problem...

would a dose of wd40 help.....

or is the mechanic the best option here.....

Cheers

Loz

neven put wd40 on ya belts worst thing u can do.

if u can rub chalk on the belts but be very very VERY carefull u dont loose a finger.

or get some belt slip.

my car does it when starting up cold.

buy some belt slip works wonders its like $10 a bottle.

Check the gasket from your exhaust manifold to cyl. head. Also check that no bolts have snapped off. My 32 was squealing under load and I took it to the mechanic & the conclusion was an exhaust leak. I checked my exh manifold and 3 studs are snapped off and now my exh. manif. gasket is blown :P I've got to get the broken studs drilled out and get it re-tapped.

Can anyone give me the name of a company in Bris that could do it for me at home?

It's not coming from the passenger seat... ? :D

I would quiten down your belts, that will at least make it easier to track the noise down it wasn't the belts. Failing that, it could be a gasket (as has been mentioned) or any of your ancilaries (alt, a/c, water pump etc) or possibly a shagged/overboosting turbo. Get under the car and listen for noises. If it's a shagged bearing somewhere (water pump, aircon etc) the noise will still be there, but it'll probably be either much more quiet, or it'll be a rumble instead of a screech. Without more info it's very hard to guess accurately :D Hey, there's an oxymoron for ya :D

Thank's guy's......

No...from the passenger seat it's usually...."slow down...." .... "awww dont race those guy's....." " Lozz SLOW DOWN....."

Well this weekend it's back under the car to try to work it out....

Cheers

Loz