SAU Community

Antenna

Hey guys just put in a new pioneer head unit and i dont want the antenna going up all the time when playing a cd. Is there away you can hook it up to your head unit so it dosnt do this or do you just have to disconect the antenna wire from the head unit so it dosnt go up at all.

LOL! My car arrived with a Sanyo CD player, and the same thing happened.

I got my new head unit, wired it all up (correctly) and now it only goes up with radio.

Might want to check your wiring, the bodgy person who put the first one in ran the antenna wire to the head unit's remote wire. (used for switchin on amps) That made it go up each time.

your gonna have to loop the remote wire out to a switch, as far as i know most pioneer headunits dont have a seperate wire for ariel, my 6800 just has a remote wire

omg lol wtf!

Ditch that head unit! What kind of HU doesn't have a power antenna wire??

My first ever headunit was a Kenwood, bought for $40 from Cash Converters... about 6 years ago, and it was already a few years old at the time. IT had a power antenna wire!

Edited by RANDY

Did you install it yourself? Have you checked the wiring?

Make sure your remote wire is not touching anything (unless you run an amp, in which case it should only be connected to the amp remote wire)

I'm pretty sure that Pioneer wouldn't design it like that, and i'm very sure that R33's antenna's don't do this on their own.

I will re check everything. When you mean make sure the remote wire isnt touching anything, do u mean that is should be connected to the remote power antenna wire coming out of the head unit?

or should i wire it so the wire for the antenna coming out of the car goes to nothing.

Did you install it yourself? Have you checked the wiring?

Make sure your remote wire is not touching anything (unless you run an amp, in which case it should only be connected to the amp remote wire)

I'm pretty sure that Pioneer wouldn't design it like that, and i'm very sure that R33's antenna's don't do this on their own.

Umm.. the remote wire FROM the HU:

If you have an amp, make sure it's connected to the amp's remote wire.

If you have no amp, that wire should be taped up and tidied so that it doesn't short on metal or anything. It should NOT be connected to your antenna wire (factory loom side).

The HU should have a "p.cont" or "antenna" or something wire... this is the one for the antenna. I'd be shocked if a modern HU DOESN'T have an antenna control wire.

I might have made that unclear...

HU "Remote" wire -> nothing

HU "Power Antenna" wire -> antenna power wire in the factory harness

ok so let me get this striaght. The wire that powers the antenna goes to nothing.

And then the actual antenna wire just plugs into the head unit as normal.

If that is the case i dont see how the antenna will power up at all???

What i have done for the mean time is just wired it to the switch next to the a/c unit.

I might leave it like this so i can control the antenna even when i have the radio on.

Umm.. the remote wire FROM the HU:

If you have an amp, make sure it's connected to the amp's remote wire.

If you have no amp, that wire should be taped up and tidied so that it doesn't short on metal or anything. It should NOT be connected to your antenna wire (factory loom side).

The HU should have a "p.cont" or "antenna" or something wire... this is the one for the antenna. I'd be shocked if a modern HU DOESN'T have an antenna control wire.

I might have made that unclear...

HU "Remote" wire -> nothing

HU "Power Antenna" wire -> antenna power wire in the factory harness

ok after reading it agian it makes sense. My bad

But that is how i have wired it but the antenna still comes up when playing a cd.

ok so let me get this striaght. The wire that powers the antenna goes to nothing.

And then the actual antenna wire just plugs into the head unit as normal.

If that is the case i dont see how the antenna will power up at all???

What i have done for the mean time is just wired it to the switch next to the a/c unit.

I might leave it like this so i can control the antenna even when i have the radio on.

Ah ok.. and yeah, the wire that you referred to is not actually an antenna power wire, it's the remote wire for an amp.

The antenna itself is powered via wiring in the boot.

Very odd that this would happen. 100% sure that you haven't got the remote and the antenna wire switched around?