SAU Community

450 Kw Atw

fritter

Hi again,

the turbos are hks gtr-s but i was told they were rated at 450hp, and other sites I have researched agree with that.

When in doubt, refer directly to the HKS goodsmaster catalouge - They are not rated at 450ps so a workshop should not be making those power claims.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely reconsider your plans and any associated costs/quotes/budgets as what you require won't be cheap. I would also recommend a more suitable workshop for such extensive mods, unless you have plenty of time to wait and money to burn.

Has anyone here had bed experiences with Hills? Please gimme a call on 0438564732 as Im spending big money and have been told these guys know their stuff. My name is paul.

Either way a 450rwkw GTR wont be cheap to run and maintain-mine only had 370rwkw and had a large appetite for gearbox's. I fixed the problem with a full OS Gikon set. In hindsite should have spent all that money on something else >_<

Im at a time in my life where I can burn a little cash off having fun but if you can tell me more about the box you bought - where from, how much, it would be appreciated

Edited by fritter

Im at a time in my life where I can burn a little cash off having fun but if you can tell me more about the box you bought - where from, how much, it would be appreciated

I may have one for sale...pm me if interested

again....what oil pump and sump are you planning to run with this combo??

Edited by DiRTgarage

is there a problem with the N1 pumps even when using oil restrictor kits, larger drain holes, and a baffled sump?

Not specifically no ;) DiRTGarage's problem wasnt the pumps fault :mage:

• 2 weeks later...

definately be used on the street. will see the track regularly too. the car is almost ready. will be going for its dyno run on wednesday. had it on dyno last friday and it hit 380 kw no prob. graph was climbing steep but noticed small amount of oil coming from one of the turbos so stopped the run. Both turbos now back @ shop getting new seals. warranty job. turbos back on car tomorrow. will post graph hopefully wednesday night.

Edited by fritter

• 3 weeks later...

450awkw should give a low 10 around 130-133MPH.

When I had 446rwkw, I managed a 10.4@132MPH on Nitto 555 275/45/17. I also had the full OS Cross Mission gearset though minimising the risk of lunching the box.

Just got the GTR back on Friday morning and after a few days on the gold coast have now driven it up from brisbane to townsville. ITS AWESOME. HILLS MOTORSPORTS have done an awesome and thorough job. Im very impressed. 447 kw at the wheels. 1012nM of torque. I ended up having to get a new gearbox and opted for the P.A.R. straight cut box. Feels smooth to change but does have the usual whine in 1st 2nd and 3rd. full kit cost me $5300. I will running it this week end so i will keep you all informed of my 1/4 mile times. Must repaet again what a great job mark from hills did. I know there are some people in here who think otherwise, but he has impressed me.

Edited by fritter

Ended up sticking with the gt-rs turbos. they come on hard at around 4300rpm and go hard to my 8600 rev limit. I will post pics of my times on monday. Im aiming for mid 10's until i get used to launching it and hopefully my times will drop a bit more soon. I have done a couple of practice runs on an old dead end road out the back of townsville and using my rev/speed monitor i got down to 10.72