SAU Community

Help !

skylinefan

ok pulled out the old thermostat, and it seens as thou a gaskey had come out !!! but the thing is the new thermostat fits flush with the slot??? was this an actually gasket or was it some old gasket glue??

if there was a gasket wouldnt it have come with the new thermostat?

From the factory there is no gasket, Nissan use a sealer (3-Bond).

So i used a gasket glue on the thermostat? the problem hasnt changed !! but the old thermostat was wrecked... have a feeling the water temp meter is gone !! going to replace that in the hope that it stops gwtting to hot !! thanks for the advice

P.S yesterday i changed the upper and lower radiator hoses(very old) the radiator cap and the thermostat.... took it for a drive and thrashed it a little !! still said it was getting hot...... and after i unplugged the heat sensor and put it bak in the heat said half in the guage,,,, sometyhing is a miss and i just cant figure it out !! sensor? head? me is a little lost ....

P.S yesterday i changed the upper and lower radiator hoses(very old) the radiator cap and the thermostat.... took it for a drive and thrashed it a little !! still said it was getting hot...... and after i unplugged the heat sensor and put it bak in the heat said half in the guage,,,, sometyhing is a miss and i just cant figure it out !! sensor? head? me is a little lost ....

little help????:(