SAU Community

R33 Series 1 Conversion To Series 2 Lights

You need a S2 bonnet and grille, the guards are the same. Do a search.

But why bother, you can fix up the head lights (search for this too) and you have a S1, I dont understand why you'd want to turn it into something it isnt. Also the S2 headlights do the same after time anyway.

I wouldn't say they're better in any way. They look better with the S2 front bar as they're a bit newer, however the GTR kept the same shape through the entire GTR series, the only update they had was the xenon low beam.

If your going to spend several thousand in converting to S2 headlights, front bar and bonnet, why not buy some S3 GTR xenons.

I wouldn't say they're better in any way. They look better with the S2 front bar as they're a bit newer, however the GTR kept the same shape through the entire GTR series, the only update they had was the xenon low beam.

If your going to spend several thousand in converting to S2 headlights, front bar and bonnet, why not buy some S3 GTR xenons.

Yeah but there is a bit of a price difference between GTST gear and GTR gear. Have you seen how much the series 3 xenon lights go for?? I think there like 2 or 3 grand new from nissan and around 1500 2nd hand.

Series 2 GTST lights wouldnt even be worth half that.

Chris

its still a waste of money doing a conversion imo

especially since the only reason for the conversion mentioned, is to get rid of that yellowy color which can be gotten rid of with a quick buff job.

i'll take before and after shots if i can find a before shot and show you the difference.

its still a waste of money doing a conversion imo

especially since the only reason for the conversion mentioned, is to get rid of that yellowy color which can be gotten rid of with a quick buff job.

i'll take before and after shots if i can find a before shot and show you the difference.

Agreed.

For the amount of effort and stuffing around plus the cost (say $2,000 to do it all) you could definately spend your money better in other ways. If you're not confident about buffing them yourself pay a detailer. The same thing happens to EF,EL falcon headlights so most places will know what they're doing and would cost $100 max.

Fixing your current headlights is easy, i had the same yellow tint happen to my S1.

Just buy some wax/polish, clean the headlights with water, dry it, then throw some polish over them. let it sit for a bit then wipe it off. Mine came out sparkling like new.

It's not just the yellow colour.

sII headlights have a clear lens with nothing behind it.

sI headlights have that outer lens, which has all gay patterns on it. Then it still has an inner lens. it looks pretty ugly.

The sII light looks all sparkly and nice.