SAU Community

Rb25det Into Cefiro

ls1ben

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you could help me out with a few questions.

I have a 90 cefiro that's currently running a rb20 non turbo (the twin cam version) with auto and I have a rb25det and gearbox that I want to put in.

1. will the engine mounts line up?

2. will I be able to use the original cross member / power steering rack and if not will a r33 one fit?

3. I also have r33 front and rear brakes - can anyone help as to what's involved in fitting them

4. I have a r33 tail shaft and a r200 diff - will these help?

5. what radiator is recommended?

I have done a search but cannot really find straight answers to these questions. Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you could help me out with a few questions.

I have a 90 cefiro that's currently running a rb20 non turbo (the twin cam version) with auto and I have a rb25det and gearbox that I want to put in.

1. will the engine mounts line up?

Yes but i replaced mine with Nismo mounts due to extra weight of the RB25 which sit the engine a tiny bit higher (few cms)

2. will I be able to use the original cross member / power steering rack and if not will a r33 one fit?

Cross members MAY need adjusting, mine did. Power Steering rack is fine.

3. I also have r33 front and rear brakes - can anyone help as to what's involved in fitting them

Just do a search for 5 Stud Conversion threads..... plenty of em in the Cefiro section. Basically if you got the rotors, hubs, calipers, brake boosters etc it should be a straight swap...

4. I have a r33 tail shaft and a r200 diff - will these help?

The tail shaft needs to be modified when using a R33 gearbox... the yoke needs to be shortened....

5. what radiator is recommended?

What ever u choose buddy.... go an aftermarket one if u want to be extra safe... or a GTR one... or just leave stock one in...

Most time consuming part will be modifiying the wiring loom to bet everything 'in sync'

Also you will need to get yourself a modified Speedo drive to match up with the 33 gearbox. A lot of import companies will sell em for around $300-$350

I assume you have the ECU, loom etc.

Finally enjoy the power of RB25DET Ceffie

Ando

Thank you very much Ando.

One last thing - with the wiring did you go about this yourself? do you have any of the wiring diagrams?

Champ my mechanic did the wiring loom and it took him AAAGGGGEEEESSSSS!!!! Its a serious job...unless u know ur shizzle i would get someone who knows what there doing.... and no i dont have a wiring diagram :laugh:

So Davo you got a Ceffie yet??? :blush: Or you being soft :blush:

ha ha! still being soft man :blink:

once this stuff with the R is sorted though I'm so keen to have one mad ass drift bitch cefiro!!! :) You'll know about it when i do! he he!

im interested in the conversion myself. could i just use an RB25 loom? i wouldve thought it would plug right in? if a31deviant could provide some more information that'd be great.

cheers

Correct me if i am wrong but from what i have fouind out so far you just use the r33 engine loom and plug that into the r33 computer and then its just the dash loom thats the problem as this will not be a straight plug in. (i say just like its easy...)

• 3 years later...

I've done it on my laurel, which you may as well say is the same, there are two power wires you need to pick up in the enigne bay, thers usually a plug in the front corner of the bay near the airbox, use the standard wiring loom for the wiper system (strip this out of your standard 20 loom) then off hand i think there was about half a dozen wires to get the temp guage warnign lights etc going,

I used these links to find the wires in the 25 dash plugs

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?showtopic=50138

there was a link to the r31 skyline club and these had pin out of the dash plugs I'll try and chase it down for ya! :D its saying it can't find the website now

maybe took me a couple of nights to sort out but I've had the car running for about 18 months now with out any issues wiring wise.

a z32 turbo manual box is exactly the same as the r33 turbo box, except z32 has the mechanical speedo drive which connects straight up to an r32 (and i assume a31 also) speedo cable. thats what i've done anyway. just a useless piece of info for people reading this who want to do it with one less complication

Edited by jonboy