SAU Community

Xenon HID Lights

Originally posted by nismoR34

UPDATE: I have just been offered the xenons for a straight swap-over...is it worth it? [i know they look good ;p] But are there any Significant risks? Anyone been in trouble with the authorities or just a rumour? [police, vic roads, epa?]

I haven't had problems with coppas yet... but I do get a lot of attention from everyone else. The headlights are mad.. especially when you just turn them on, they flicker, dim at first then growing brighter... a brilliant white/blue...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, gotta agree with the auto-leveling thing there, that's what i was told in regards to imports and BMW's.

sorry, but i'm getting confused. So in creation/dale's case they have the standard headlights and if they wanted to put xenons in, they would have to?

1. Change over the ENTIRE casing/cluster whatever, with Xenon ones?

2. Just change the bulbs?

3. Something else entirely that i've missed :P

cheers.

yep, i have managed to get that. So u can't buy self cleaning/auto levelling sets for the R34's as they don't have those abilities bcos Japan doesn't require them to have it?

Ok, so.... if u don't care about the boys in blue, is it a bulb thing or a whole cluster thing?

sorry troy, had about 10 hours sleep in the last 3 days (thank you US Masters, damn it Tiger!!)

cheers!

ok SS8- the answer to that question is: The whole assembly / cluster needs to be changed over.

My current headlights [whole assembly] are from the base model skyline [advised by ylwgtr] and are used to comply the car, the xenon assembly is whats taken out during compliance.

In addition to this I think ylwgtr mentioned that he knows someone who can convert the xenon one to standard but doesnt recommend destroying a good set of xenons!

Howzat???

ps. if you look closely at both headlight assemblies / clusters there is plenty of visual difference too, between the Xenon and Halogen [searching for pics...hang on]

ahhh very different. Thanks Dale!! :) :)

Howzatt?? very good, nice answer, not feeling so blonde now (no offence to the blondes :))

So, if i import a R34 GT-T, when they compliance it, they take them off, put the halogen ones in... can i then, once regoed, put the Xenons back in?? Do i get to keep them when the compliancer takes them out?? Cos i reckon that's the go, get it complianced, then throw em back in!

Second question, can u buy LEGAL Xenons for R34's? Or Self cleaning/auto levelling kits for the Standard R34 Xenons?

Whose is the silver R34 Dale?

The silver 34 belongs to MUTEX - can't remember his name, he came to the last dyno day...

What you reckon is "the go" is what a lot of people do / have done. The only exception being dodgy compliancing that doesnt change them!

From what I can make out of ylwgtr's posts you can NOT buy a kit for the 34. You may be able to buy an HID Xenon kit just as you can for other makes / models - I have seen these advertised in car mags but are over $800 from memory...

Originally posted by nismoR34

What you reckon is "the go" is what a lot of people do / have done. The only exception being dodgy compliancing that doesnt change them!

*Raise hand in the air*... I know a few dodgies....:D

u want to buy one bcoz of the headlights???:confused: anyway....what i have posted regarding this issue is 100% correct.......i dont understand what is so to understand...i give up on this topic

place in qld

its is a r33 gtr vspec and the xenon lights came stock on the car, the main change was the seat belts.... i assure u that the lights were not removed for compliance..

bit of rewiring for brake lights, and the rest of the usual crap..