SAU Community

Just Bought My Project Car!

Hey guys...

been lookin at the site for a while now and have been wanting to buy a Skyline for ages.

I finally bought a 1993 GTST, The car was just imported from japan in nov last year and has just under 69 k on the clock. its completly stock which is just the way i wanted it. any way ill most probably be askin a few questions any help will be heaps appreciated! (ill be sure ta use the search button :)) any wayz heres a pic of my car as it iz now..... not gonna look like this for long though.... bought it of carsales, will be arriving by truck this week :) cant wait

1081220.jpg

congrats mate :)

good idea to buy them stock, you know it hasn't been molested by someone. Also gives you a better chance of getting a good life out of the engine rather than buying something pre-flogged. That's why I went for a standard car this time around - and RB25s have plenty of go even when stock :)

Yea its a five speed manual, the photo makes it look green hey but its actually a midnight bluey colour, but the color didnt really have anything to do with the sale hey, its gonna go in for a full respray within the next couple of weeks....Im gonna get it painted in the nissan 350zs daytona blue,

yea i definatly wasnt gonna buy somone elses thrashed project haha ..... yea they are full of grunt in stock form hey :) im gonna try n keep this thing mint though i dnt wanna thrash it hey haha

I don't know if really standard, tidy cars will become more popular as they get older but having a car that drives as Nissan intended really makes me appreciate how nice a balance they've gone for. Why you would want to put a loud exhaust on it, lowered on rock-hard coilovers, body kit, dicky stereo with bright flashing lights etc... is beyond me. They're a beautiful drive to begin with!

When I get the money to put a stereo in mine I want it to look like an OEM head unit.

heh funny thing is you buy a skyline with the intention of looking after and it treating it well. That all went out the window when i realized it was so easy to throw sideways stock then spending the money on the engine to make it go harder,

You dont buy a skyline to drive it around like granny you drive it like you stole it >_<. Im lucky to be in a place whre there are two skylines and i am unbeatin in this town with a mildy stock R33 gtst .

heh funny thing is you buy a skyline with the intention of looking after and it treating it well. That all went out the window when i realized it was so easy to throw sideways stock then spending the money on the engine to make it go harder,

You dont buy a skyline to drive it around like granny you drive it like you stole it smile.gif. Im lucky to be in a place whre there are two skylines and i am unbeatin in this town with a mildy stock R33 gtst .

Sick.. You’ll fit in here just fine bro.

Haha... yas took me the wrong way..... i got a list of mods on plan for this car a mile long... and i intend to have fun with this car but i also wanna treat it with a bit more respect than i have my previous cars,

im completely determined to buy a 2835 pro and up the internals, then run nos and see what time i can run with this car....while at the same time i wanna keep it as an everyday driver...nice interior and all that

but yea im extremly interested in seeing what i can do with this particular turbo.....nothin to big just nice n comfertable :no: