SAU Community

Woohoo Turbo N Zorst Fitted Tomorrow!

STAGE-A

Hi everyone!!

Finally the mods are starting to get fitted, its more exciting than xmas ...just one more sleep :) .

The hi flo turbo and rest of the zorst is being fitted tommorow but something is bugging me, shouldnt i really be upgrading the exhaust manifold too? how restrictive is the stock one? has anyone replaced theres (apart from the hi mount turbo guys) ?

Cheers

lee

PS Wildcat im almost ready for ya :)

Hahhahaha :laughing-smiley-014:

PS Wildcat im almost ready for ya :yes:

Hahhahaha :laughing-smiley-014:

:) arrr i see i will have competition soon :) a stocker compared to the mods your getting done im about to see more off your ass :D

stock manifolds are excellent bits of kit, good for 300rwkw i think i read.

No doubt, your stock one will be cracked. They almost all are, thats cast iron for ya.

300Rwkw?? thats impressive, ok so no point spending the extra bux on that then

Cheers

Lee

was chasing a quote on the manifold, before i posted ...just had the call back with the quote... $980 + fitting, is this a serious quote?? i could be nieve but this aint a HKS, Greddy etc brand and its a low mount not a hi mount with external wastegate mountings .....so is this a bit steep or what??

.... i told em i would leave it for now cheers for the previous info guys

Cheers

Lee

dont need a manifold lee, waste of time, and dont bother with the china rubbish either. a good trust one or something is over $1500 for the manifold plus fitting (for a highmount anyway), so i'd imagine low mount is same price roughly as its still the same amount of runners and flanges. save the cash and stocky will be fine :)

my aircon line is in the way so i couldnt even get the dump pipe past it ... no a tight fit just wouldnt fit ...oh wells i ordered a new one so hopefully tomorrow will be better ...hahaha anyone know someone that wants a dump n front pipe?? ahhah

Cheers

Lee

yeah i know... i argued with the guy over the phone then went to see what his was talking about, we even got the auto electrician to have a look to see if we could move the aircon pipe.

Turned out to be cheaper to just buy a new bell mouth dump pipe, if i hadnt seen it myself i would still be going off at the guy ...but there was no way it was gonna fit ... i was gonna try the force approach till he quickly reminded me i would probably break the line. :P

He did say it was possible part way thru production there way have been a change in the aircon design or manufacturer or of coarse mine may have been replaced/repaired ..who knows but that may have caused the problem.

Hopefully today it will all be done, and i have a spare one if anyone wants one :dry:

Lee

got it back yesterday .. pulls nice and hard from bout 2700Rpm all the way!! now just need that damn cooler to arrive and tune the safc and dyno time :(

Sounds awesome too.. nice and quiet at idle till ya stomp on it ehheehe

Edited by STAGE-A