SAU Community

Rb25 Or Spend On Rb20

simor32

hey guys ive finnaly got the cash to do some mods to my car, i cnt be bothred doin a search, ive got 8000k to spend on my 32gtst and i was thinkin would it be woth spending it on the rb20 or just getting a rb25 put in. cheers guys the rb20 is getting pretty boring. thanks again

im about to undergo the rb25de to det conversion

heres a list of what i got:

front cut inc. gearbox, tailshaft, rear diff end, brakes, and 5 stud conversion.

should cost all up $5-6k inc. install, depending on how much i can afford to bolt on (fmic, injectors, etc)

wats the difference with the NEO Motor. where do u get front cuts from and do they come with gearbox. if i was to purchase the font cut would there be anything else i would need to get ie. Diff tailshaft ect.

no 2 ways about it simo, gotta go the 25. The 20's just dont feel like they have enough tourque. I know its much cheaper to keep the 20 but i dont regret a single cent i spent getting rid of my 20.

Have you looked at this thread yet - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=129655

An RB25 is going to have more torque, but a 10k redline would make me giggle like a school girl :O

Also putting an RB25 box in a R32 needs a custom/cut down tail shaft. That may add a fair bit to the final figure. but if your running a 250rwkw RB20 you'll probably need one anyway.

Im using the rb20 gearbox runinng 230rwkw. only drivin it for one weekend but it feels fine so far. IMO its not worth putting the 25 box in coz they still break an the rb20 box is as cheap as chips to replace. Just use the best gear oil you can find.

Im using the rb20 gearbox runinng 230rwkw. only drivin it for one weekend but it feels fine so far. IMO its not worth putting the 25 box in coz they still break an the rb20 box is as cheap as chips to replace. Just use the best gear oil you can find.

That is rubbish... the RB20 gearbox is nothing like the RB25 gearbox. RB25 gearboxes are basically the same as the GTR minus the AWD bits.

If you go the RB25DET get the RB25 gearbox too, you will be sorry when you just have to take it back to be swapped out after it breaks down the track.