SAU Community

Shaking Rear End On Gtr33

Hey guys. I am having an issue with my GTR33 and I just cant seem to figure it out! Here is the info:

I have a 96 GTR33 and my rear end shakes at speeds exceeding 100kmph. Now it does this in all different gears not just gear 3 or gear 4. However, I do not feel the problem at all with speeds less than 100kmph. When the rear end shakes it feels like I hit a wet spot and lost traction for a second and then regained traction and instant later. It is not a violent shake, nor does it last long, it also happens intermittently. It happens every once in a while. Also it often happens when I am not in boost at all and I am also cruising at a constant speed. I am not necessarily stepping heavy onto the gas. I mean it feels EXACTLY like my rear wheels hit a water spot and slid a bit. Also if I recall correctly it tends to shake to the right. Any ideas on what my issue may be? I am going to the shop tomorrow for a tune up and would like to have something to tell them to check out. Thanks guys.

-Sayajin

Well came back from the shop today and it appears that my HICAS motor is dead. It SEEMS that the rest of the system works however. So now I am in the market looking for a HICAS motor. (You know the little black thing in the back under the car in the middle of the rear axle?) If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one decently priced any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot.

Also

I have indeed heard from quite a number of people that it would probably be best to just eliminate the HICAS system all together. However, I would really like to get it back up and running first. I at least want to experience the system and then make an informed decision for myself on wither I want to eliminate it or not.

Especially with the problem being something as simple as just the motor. That is just a few bolts and then im done. So while I do appreciate the opinion to remove the system all together, I would appreciate it even more if someone could either point me to where I can get a new HICAS motor or tell me that they had one available (im sure some of you do since you have locked your systems). Thanks a lot for the help!

-Sayajin

was about to say HICAS before i read your post, woohoo 1 point for me.

put up a WTB thread, plenty of people have removed HICAS from their car, so you should get the motor cheap.... GTRgeoff is one of them, maybe you can pm him.