SAU Community

200 Awkw

stagon

hi all,

looking to get 200 awkw current mods are full 3inch exhast, k&n pod, and big FMIC. i have been told that upgrading my turbo to a VQ turbo off an R34, bleed valve and winding boost up to 12psi and i will have around this figure. to me this sounds too good to be true.

has any one used a vg30 turbo or VQ R34 turbo on their stags or is it better to get an after market brand new turbo.

you can get the sort of power your are after with a hiflow of the stock turbo i believe best to do a search for the words turbo and hiflow in the stagea section there have been way too many articles on here to list and I am sure everyone doesnt want to repeat what has been discussed numerous times before

goodluck

Watch your fuel pump too, also you will need some sort of ecu management, like SAFC or the like as there is no way you would get 200awkw out of the stock ecu.

I dont know what the heck a 'VQ R34' turbo is. But an r34 turbo wouldnt be a worthwhile upgrade and a vg30 turbo definately isnt.

A better course of action would be a fuel computer, boost controller maybe a replacement turbo of some description and a good tune.

IMO only

a VG30 or a R34 Neo turbo will get you to say around 180awkw with a good tune, but it wont go to 200awkw unless you're pushing it to destruction - however if you had one of these turbos with an exhaust steel wheel then yes, it could take more boost and get 200awkw

But youd need; large fmic, great airflow to airfilter, large fuel pump, adjustable fpr, full hiflowing 3inch+ exhaust system, larger-reading afm, and an ecu of sorts (piggyback like safc/sitc combo, or emanage, or full computer - hell, its your gearbox!)

highflow a standard R33 turbo tho, and do the above, and you'll be maxxing out the injectors before you reach maximum power from the turbo. how does 215awkw sound? :dry:

215 sounds good. the bloke has told me that using the turbo he has got 240 rwkw out of a R34 but said that is the absolute maximum. the price is 600 change over and he will use the exhaust housing of my turbo so it will all bolt straight on. are there after market computers for autos without getting say a microtec system wired in. like a power fc

215 sounds good. the bloke has told me that using the turbo he has got 240 rwkw out of a R34 but said that is the absolute maximum. the price is 600 change over and he will use the exhaust housing of my turbo so it will all bolt straight on. are there after market computers for autos without getting say a microtec system wired in. like a power fc

doesnt sound like a good deal at all, steer clear until you have more info. the R34 has the good exhaust housing - what current turbo do you have?? if yours is the r33 turbo then uhuh dont do it. you want a turbo woth the r34/vg30 OP6 rear exhaust housing for a bolton upgrade, and youd need to highflow it to get that 215 awkw........ tune with safc, or emanage (look into the coil pack reports tho)

maybe look into this:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=131723

Im happy to let ppl know this is the direction Im taking,... I have all the supporting mods done and tuned, so I personally expect a 200awkw tune at ~1bar tune with a safc and sitc as the piggybacks. Maybe it might just be a 190awkw at 1bar and 200 above that, but meh I got a dual stage ebc LOL :laugh:

Cant wait to tell you all the truth. Budgets damn tight but Im making it happen (wife and kids love peanut butter sandwhiches for a month) LOL :laugh:

spoke to mechanic last week. the vq turbo is off a new 3L V6 engine which i think is in a 350z or car like that. he has put one on a r33 before and got 225rwkw on 12pound boost and all he had to do was run 12v back to fuel pump. getting it done next week and putting it on a dyno be able to tell you what power the stag will make. i hope it will be around 200kw

spoke to mechanic last week. the vq turbo is off a new 3L V6 engine which i think is in a 350z or car like that. he has put one on a r33 before and got 225rwkw on 12pound boost and all he had to do was run 12v back to fuel pump. getting it done next week and putting it on a dyno be able to tell you what power the stag will make. i hope it will be around 200kw

Sounds like the turbo off the VQ25DET. The only car I know of that has this engine is the Series 3 (m35) Stagea.

Thats a turbo 2.5L V6, so the turbo should work well on a 2.5L RB I guess...

The 350Z is non-turb and has a 3.5L V6 (VQ) engine.

Anyone know if the VQ25DET turbo has steel wheels?

Would be interesting to hear your results - might be another alternative turbo upgrade for skyline/stagea owners :(

Not many of these are likely to make it to australia though...

• 2 weeks later...

got my car back on saturday. ran out of time for dyno so it will be getting done tuesday night i hope. some issues with car. feels like it is not getting the correct amount of pull down low. disconnected factory boost controller so i have less boost down low at the moment. as wasn't put on dyno kept boost stock to be safe until it is on the dyno. pull up top is amazing and boost gauge is only reading 0.5 bar so when we wind it up to 1 bar it should be sweet. having problems with getting cool air in the air pod. have fitted factory scoop above the radiator and crappy cool air induction system to help it for now but i need to make a cool air box.

just want to wind boost up and see what power it is making.

had a drag with my BRO AND BEET HIM IN A R31 WITH RB20 so was happy about that. (he was devestated)

put power figures up later in the week.

got my stag on dyno today. 157.8 rwkw on 0.5 bar of boost. mods are FMIC, pod filter, 3 inch exhaust and bleed valve and vQ turbo. didn't get to wind boost up as a funny smell started coming into car. mechanic thought it was coming from trans so we stopped for today. all looks good for 200 kw on 1 bar but have to sort out a few problems first. still dont know why only feeling the pull of the turbo at about 4000 rpm has any one else found this problem. has it got anything to do with the car being auto???

got my stag on dyno today. 157.8 rwkw on 0.5 bar of boost. mods are FMIC, pod filter, 3 inch exhaust and bleed valve and vQ turbo. didn't get to wind boost up as a funny smell started coming into car. mechanic thought it was coming from trans so we stopped for today. all looks good for 200 kw on 1 bar but have to sort out a few problems first. still dont know why only feeling the pull of the turbo at about 4000 rpm has any one else found this problem. has it got anything to do with the car being auto???

are you putting your car on the dyno just to wind up the boost and see how many rwkw's you'll get?

No offense mate, but it sounds like a very dangerous approach....might be a better idea to get an safc installed then running the car on the dyno...that way you get to tune the car to get betterAFR's and won't run the risk of blowing ur engine.

are you putting your car on the dyno just to wind up the boost and see how many rwkw's you'll get?

No offense mate, but it sounds like a very dangerous approach....might be a better idea to get an safc installed then running the car on the dyno...that way you get to tune the car to get betterAFR's and won't run the risk of blowing ur engine.

Wouldn't the stock ecu start cutting fuel or switch to R&R to stop the engine running lean?

I figured you'd get these warning signs before the engine has any risk of blowing up...yes?

Wouldn't the stock ecu start cutting fuel or switch to R&R to stop the engine running lean?

I figured you'd get these warning signs before the engine has any risk of blowing up...yes?

ECU is based on airflow not boost, you can over boost, start detonation and blow up your engine easily, try it, see what happens...

ECU is based on airflow not boost, you can over boost, start detonation and blow up your engine easily, try it, see what happens...

But what about with only 0.5bar or 1bar - like he mentioned??

I know the stock turbo wont cope with 1bar for long, but what about the engine??

Have heard of plenty of people with similar mods to stagon running 10-12psi without problems.

Sorry my knowledge is a bit limited on all this.

Is detonation only caused by the mixtures running lean? ie. too much air for the amount of fuel? thats the way I understood it.

Still it is definitely a good idea to try this on a dyno first and get an safc or similar to tune it properly.

But what about with only 0.5bar or 1bar - like he mentioned??

I know the stock turbo wont cope with 1bar for long, but what about the engine??

Have heard of plenty of people with similar mods to stagon running 10-12psi without problems.

Sorry my knowledge is a bit limited on all this.

Is detonation only caused by the mixtures running lean? ie. too much air for the amount of fuel? thats the way I understood it.

Still it is definitely a good idea to try this on a dyno first and get an safc or similar to tune it properly.

1 bar = 14.5 psi @ 0 ft above sea level....don't think the stock ecu was made to handle that kinda boost without some sort of afc or rom tuning done.

work on the safe side and get a piggy back system installed at the same time your increasing boost, the $500 you might spend now might save you the $3000 on replacing your engine...

i've never heard of anyone getting good results by just winding up the boost on a larger turbo while still running stock management...

a mate of mine runs a hi flowed steel wheeled Vg30 turbo on his rb20 and it won't hit full boost till just over 5000rpm, he's only running 6psi till he can instill an SAFC...

Edited by rsx84