SAU Community

R32 Gts4 Quick Question

Done a search for this and cand find the info im looking for. A quick yes know answer would be awsome

The r32 gts4 has the same running gear as a gtr without the powerfull gtr engine. This means the r32 gts4 is heavyer than a gtst

I already know u can take out the chip to make the r32 rear wheel drive but can u or a mechanic take out the front drivechain and running gear to basically completely convert it to a gtst both in weight and performance?

cheers for your help

Done a search for this and cand find the info im looking for. A quick yes know answer would be awsome

The r32 gts4 has the same running gear as a gtr without the powerfull gtr engine. This means the r32 gts4 is heavyer than a gtst

I already know u can take out the chip to make the r32 rear wheel drive but can u or a mechanic take out the front drivechain and running gear to basically completely convert it to a gtst both in weight and performance?

cheers for your help

Hi there mate the gts4 actually weights more then the gtr as it doesnt have an alloy bonnet or gaurds like the gtr :rofl:, so this makes it the heavy weight champion :) welcome to my world, you will need some good brakes to stop her thats for sure, why are you contemplating changing from the 4wd setup, when you can practically bolt an rb26dett straight in!

and a GTR, yes
you can take out the front driveshaft, which is the safe way to run it in RWD, pulling the AWD fuse out is still a bit of grey area. I wouldn't pull it out and do a full trackday on it. Its OK for a small blast. Most drag GTR's who wanna run RWD just drop the driveshaft.

However, the drifeshaft only accounts for a small amount of wheight of the car. The chassis of the GTS4 is different to a GTSt, its actually the same as a GTR. The weight comes from the added assemblies which are hard to take out and put back quickly/easily.

cheers for that i thought the gts-t and gts 4 chasis were the same

im not planing on putting a gtr engine in, i was planning on taking everything out of a gts4 running gear to convert it to a gtst weightwise because i found a nice gts4 but am really after a gtst

thanks for ur replies much appreciated