SAU Community

Insurance - I Think Im Dead :)

TrentGTR

Hey guys ive just been studying BULK on insurance in WA....

tomoro morning im calling Just Car Insurance on a quote :'(

Heres my details :

17 (Turn 18 on Feb 1st)

Had my licence since Feb 06

Written 1 car off ( i crashed into the rear of someone)

Buying an R33 GTR V-Spec 95 @ $30k

No speeding fines / charges

So whats the bet guys LOL

I will post up the quote tomoro....and yes....my balls have shrivelled up and im shitting myself :wave:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol goodluck! If your under 25 its near impossible to get insurance (in WA atleast) from any company other than JustCar for skylines. JustCar will probably offer a ridiculous excess, but they'll probably be the only company to insure you :wave: I hope you get a good quote, and if not, hope you can get a quote from another insurance company!

I rung a whole bunch (had a list) and every one i tried had an excuse, dont insure imports, dont insure under 25, etc. Its quite sad really... ended up going with just car insurance third party fire and theft with a fkn ridiculous excess of $2200... my history is a licence cancellation for an excess 0.05 offence and I'm 20. Damn not being able to lie to the insurance companies so they cant discriminate and rip you off!

oh well, insurance is a must...for such an expensive toy ($30k)

yup, u definitely need comprehensive...the most impt is tat u get to walk away

after you TOTALLED a porsche...if tat occassion ever arises =)

i think..it should be ard the 4k mark or maybe slightly higher..

Heres my details :

17 (Turn 18 on Feb 1st)

I will post up the quote tomoro....and yes....my balls have shrivelled up and im shitting myself :)

why didnt u get a fine for crashing into the rear of another car? If it wrote your car off it would easily be over $1000 damage unless u had a total shit box...

Usually you would get a "driving without due care and attention" charge

they say if u can afford the car..u can afford to keep it. including insurance....

so they say.

Agreed. 30 grand for a gtr and if you can't afford the insurance, then dood, there's something wrong. You're pushing the boundaries of your allowance too much. And the fact that you've totalled a car dosn't sound promising. Add onto the fact u've only had ur liscence for a few mths only + you're just turning 18. Recipe for a few grand insurance premium.

Anyway, good luck on the insurance. :)

The car i crashed into was my mates car, we didnt report it, SOMEHOW i drove the car home LOL

It was a Nissan Pulsar SSS

When we got home, made a claim, didnt tell the cops, and the insurance comapny wrote it off :S

Also, im not a immature driver, with the GTR im driving like a granny mate :)

lol u just admitted to breaking the law. its an offense not to report it. The insurance company usually asks the cops for a copy of the report you are meant to make... sounds very dodgey :)

And saying you will drive like a granny... mate ur playing with urself if u believe that. guaranteed after having it for a day u'll floor it at some stage or another... who wouldnt.

Heres my details :

17 (Turn 18 on Feb 1st)

I will post up the quote tomoro....and yes....my balls have shrivelled up and im shitting myself :)

hey mate wen i got insured wid justcars wen i got my 33gtst valued for 20k it was $4800 lol.

same record as u but i crashed into someones front yard brick fence lol and also had a neg driving charge

soo u better hope u live in a non-crime area hahahah..

FLYIN_HiGh is right as well.. get some driving experience (not driving hours, advance courses to learn the car) dont bother racing other p platers u already know ur gna win lol, the 'R' should explain it all :P

r33 gtr isnt your runabout thrashy car lol u cud seriously get hurt. i aint saying dont buy it. i think you should LOL i wish i had that car at 17 but be carefull, dont wana see ya on the news :P (knock on wood we dont)

I ain't saying u're a hoon dude. :D Somepple at 40 yrs old still drive as thou their brains are stuck up their arse. But it's all the factors that adds up. The fact that u made an insurance claim which wrote off ur car is a record for them to pump up your premium. So what i'm gettin at is all your stats gives the insurance company a chance to give u a killer premium.

And the insurance companies will go >>>> :):P:P

Got the quote.

Annual Prem = 4221

Access = 2100

oh god....

Ouch!!!

Wait for all the little extras that Just cars add on to the excess if you have a claim

Good luck

Don't forget... maintenance on a GTR = big $$$$...

I was going to buy a GTR before deciding on a GTS-T until I saw my mates who owns GTRs live like a poor bastard...