SAU Community

My On-going Dispute With Recent Fines I Received

Mr-Toy33

I've heard in many instances where people have recorded conversations from face to face without the other party knowing. the issue has been taken to court and they rock up with this recording bringing it in as evidence. the judge listens and based on what is actually said in the conversation the judge has let it help the case. in other cases, the judge has thrown the recording out.

so i guess the recording really comes down to what is actually said in it.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard in many instances where people have recorded conversations from face to face without the other party knowing. the issue has been taken to court and they rock up with this recording bringing it in as evidence. the judge listens and based on what is actually said in the conversation the judge has let it help the case. in other cases, the judge has thrown the recording out.

Yeah that'd be my point. If you did something wrong and the cops were civil etc, you'd wear it on the chin.

But if you record them persercuting you, then you use the today tonight threat.

Hrmmm! today tonight threat hey!

this sounds like a way to get the media involved and humiliate this cop even more to the public.

i think today tonight would have a bit more of a feild trip with this cop then the courts would

*hrmm, thinks*

Yep it all comes down to how relavent it is! It wont be thrown out simply becasue the party was not told they were being recorded

A letter from QLD transport has rocked up at dads firm stating that the car was cleared on the date i took it into the inspection station of any defects.

At this stage, we are pretty much well set to win the case as the cop clearly has nothing to win this now.

VICTORY WILL BE MINE

:):O:) :)

so john you're saying your car was unaltered from the time you got the defect to the time it passed inspection? ie: a pod, atmo bov, whatever other mods were fitted to the car when it went over the pits?

I'm assuming it was, otherwise you will have no case at all??

so john you're saying your car was unaltered from the time you got the defect to the time it passed inspection? ie: a pod, atmo bov, whatever other mods were fitted to the car when it went over the pits?

I'm assuming it was, otherwise you will have no case at all??

correct. i rocked up to qld transport inspection station with the atmospheric bov and air pod (secured) and front mount intercooler.

the modification rules can be downloaded from the qld transport website.

its a pdf file.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/LTASinf...ion_Jan05v2.pdf

there were some print outs QLD Transport guys gave me as well which are sitting in my file at my dads office. i'll photocopy the requirements for a modification plate for you and scan it to pdf.

the other pages he gave me i think r 4 pages, so i`ll see what i'll do and make that a pdf too.

Just a note with that. On the very first page it says "This is only a guide and cannot be used as a reference to a point of law".

Otherwise, congratulations. I would kinda like to get pulled over while my GTT is still stock, and see if they would try to defect it for anything... Except for the legal crap and costs etc that I would have to go through to get it cleared.

I also don't think today tonight would do anything to help about cop's giving out bogus defects. Although they like to try and shock people with their stories, they are still normally stories that most of the public agree with. In this case, it would just be the majority of automotive enthusiests. I think the majority of the public would still want "hoons" off the road... As we are all targeted as hoons...

But if it was a parking ticket inspector...

police are given more power than parking inspectors and are generally more respected in the community.

I think we are all watching this with keen interest (including my flatmate who is a police officer) but i have to say that i dont think anythings going to happen over it, still best of luck to you john.

With the paperwork that he has received from Dep. Transport to clear the defect, he will clearly get that revoked. Whether you could persue any further for damages etc from QLD Police is another matter. As stated previously, because the officer was on duty, you cannot sue him personally for anything, however if you go after QLD Police, you may get him in the shit at work.

I might ask my auntie who is a detective senior sargent if cops get in the shit when people try and sue the force.

Dave.

With the paperwork that he has received from Dep. Transport to clear the defect, he will clearly get that revoked. Whether you could persue any further for damages etc from QLD Police is another matter. As stated previously, because the officer was on duty, you cannot sue him personally for anything, however if you go after QLD Police, you may get him in the shit at work.

I might ask my auntie who is a detective senior sargent if cops get in the shit when people try and sue the force.

Dave.

Further discussion with my father yesterday in terms of pursuing getting things changed is going to either be a negative reaction in terms of nothing being able to be done with the law these cops use to abuse there powers. However, an offical complaint to whatever department it is within the police force about this cop will be put in and I'll be following it up on a weekly bases based on the fact that I dont and wont let this get cop get away with what he has done to not only myself but other fellow "hoons" as well.

The law is there to protect us. This cop has taken the comfort away from people who have/had trust in cops and abused the power of handing out fines to rack in money for the government for no real reason when the defect is clearly not a defect in the first place.

I'll keep everyone up to date though as to whats happening.

The letter is pretty much a sign that things are in my court of being in the right and the cop being in the wrong.

One thing i would like to see and i'd be laughin for weeks is if the cop was to be told off by the judge for handing out a defect notice and 2 fines that clearly were not suppose to be given out in the first place, in front of those that attend this court case. A cop being humiliated is the last thing that a cop wants when they are public servant.

The law is there to protect us. This cop has taken the comfort away from people who have/had trust in cops and abused the power of handing out fines to rack in money for the government for no real reason when the defect is clearly not a defect in the first place.

I wouldn't say that as you really have nothing backing you up to say he did it just to make the government money. He may be doing it as a personal grudge against "hoons" as his father may have been a car enthusiest and touched him in when he was a a little boy... But I wouldn't say that in court either...

I wouldn't say that as you really have nothing backing you up to say he did it just to make the government money. He may be doing it as a personal grudge against "hoons" as his father may have been a car enthusiest and touched him in when he was a a little boy... But I wouldn't say that in court either...

to hold a grudge and go around defecting people is a pretty stupid and lame reason in my opinion then from a cop who is suppose to enforce a law that is real.

fact so many people have just gone and paid the fines gives him the indication everyone is stupid and therefore he just countinues on doin it. unfortantly, this time he ran into someone not stupid and is about to probably have himself screwed to the wall by the judge if anythin harsh comes out of this case.