SAU Community

Commodore Recall

Al-R33

Yet ur choice of car is a 15 year old silvia/skyline???

bahahahaha

I owned a 1990 Pimped Celsior for nearly a year also, it was nice, but you can tell its 15 years old when driving it.

People that dont even own a holden let alone a VE seem to be carrying on about it more than people that own them as its very easy to find the littlest thing to bag something!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You the next thing about a ve if it does bugger up, you take it back and someone else does all the hard work for you.

If your r33 buggers up you are going to be taking it out of your own pocket or back spending days leant over the car.

I know which sounds like a better option.'

Oh yeah, anyone that kills 3 diffs in 20 000km in any car really needs to look at their driving habits. Burnouts are not normal wear and tear.

You the next thing about a ve if it does bugger up, you take it back and someone else does all the hard work for you.

If your r33 buggers up you are going to be taking it out of your own pocket or back spending days leant over the car.

I know which sounds like a better option.'

Oh yeah, anyone that kills 3 diffs in 20 000km in any car really needs to look at their driving habits. Burnouts are not normal wear and tear.

dont talk shit when u dont know what you are talking about its a commom thing for commodores to flog out diffs they come from factory with noisey whining diffs

and after 3yrs when your waranty runs out u foot the bill (or u dont get your car serviced every 15,000km)

dont talk shit when u dont know what you are talking about its a commom thing for commodores to flog out diffs they come from factory with noisey whining diffs

and after 3yrs when your waranty runs out u foot the bill (or u dont get your car serviced every 15,000km)

i've owned 4 commodores, 1 brand new VT, 1 brand new clubsport, 1 secondhand VX berlina and 1 VS wagon, not one of them had diff trouble, so its not common as you might think. None of these cars actually had any problems, just normal service and wear and tear stuff like brakes and crap. Don't know where you get your info from but if you talk the truth show us the facts.

no

no

no

remeber, skylines were made for the japanese market. just because 10 year old imports are booming at the moment doesnt mean they are popular on a grand scale. the mass market is what the VE is aiming for

and yeah commodores do have lots of inheret problems, ive seen heaps of the 3800 motors cooling systems di in the ass, almost all of them (even seen a VY with it ) have leaking power steering (skylines arent much better though)

its tsill a kickass car and most of the bugs will be ironed out with the next series. im not even a commodore fan im just sick of everyone on this forum jumping straight to the old "aussie cars a shit in every way ALL HAIL 10 YEAR OLD THRASHED IMPORT"

Umm mate i think you miss interpreted my post, i actually like the look of the new commodore and in the not too distant future will be looking at buying a new statesman.All i was tring to say is really the same as you, til i got flamed by ctjet.

i've owned 4 commodores, 1 brand new VT, 1 brand new clubsport, 1 secondhand VX berlina and 1 VS wagon, not one of them had diff trouble, so its not common as you might think. None of these cars actually had any problems, just normal service and wear and tear stuff like brakes and crap. Don't know where you get your info from but if you talk the truth show us the facts.

99.99% of what boot_it the clown is saying sounds like random internet crap he has found from various places and put together and tried to use as facts. :laugh:

Its one thing to own the car and know the problems and another to speculate without knowing shit!!

99.99% of what boot_it the clown is saying sounds like random internet crap he has found from various places and put together and tried to use as facts. :rofl:

Its one thing to own the car and know the problems and another to speculate without knowing shit!!

get f**k u f**kin top bloke

how about u stop postin utter f**kin crap when u don know who i am and what i do

i dont oten come on this site as ppl like u make this site f**kin crap

if u think im talkin shit how about u ask your holden dealership the problems ive posted about diff noise i posted up for the vy-vz one tonner and crewman ,what about the vz fuel guage droppin to empty how u have to update the softwere in the vz using the standard sps and tech 2 and the tis 2000 to retifity the problem, or diff noise in irs vy from the trunnion/differential flanges

or how about i tell u how how your piece of shit ve communicates in the electrical system between the hs-gmlan and ls-gmlan and can system to the ecc/bcm pim,mdf,tpm,ebcm,sim,etc

how about your interior lamp setup (as its ambient light dependant)

or how your hvac and a/c system work through the 3 different levels

but then again im just a internet clown who doesnt know what he is talkin about :sorcerer: :laugh:

doesnt affect irs diff set up

only affects 1 tonner and crewman (solid rear end)

vy and some vz get affected with diff noise which is tooo much movement between the splines/trunnions and diff flanges and they have a very crude fix for it which id put new trunnion flanges in but coat the new trunnion splines in lock tight (which i feel is a bit rough)

well for starters, if anyone has ever read the warranty info from holden, if you have something replaced under warranty, you then get 2 years warranty on that part. so if you get a diff replaced under warranty a week before the warranty runs out, you still have 2 years warranty on the diff.

the second point is that most commodores do more k's in the first 2 years than most imports have done in their life.

get f**k u f**kin top bloke

how about u stop postin utter f**kin crap when u don know who i am and what i do

i dont oten come on this site as ppl like u make this site f**kin crap

if u think im talkin shit how about u ask your holden dealership the problems ive posted about diff noise i posted up for the vy-vz one tonner and crewman ,what about the vz fuel guage droppin to empty how u have to update the softwere in the vz using the standard sps and tech 2 and the tis 2000 to retifity the problem, or diff noise in irs vy from the trunnion/differential flanges

or how about i tell u how how your piece of shit ve communicates in the electrical system between the hs-gmlan and ls-gmlan and can system to the ecc/bcm pim,mdf,tpm,ebcm,sim,etc

how about your interior lamp setup (as its ambient light dependant)

or how your hvac and a/c system work through the 3 different levels

but then again im just a internet clown who doesnt know what he is talkin about :sorcerer: :)

Your use of the english language indicates ur a spanner monkey from way back right??? :(

So who are you and what do you do? And why do you still drive a 15 year old import???

And I as most got a free 5 warranty on our VE's so even if all the crap you have said is gonna happen to my car it will be fixed in the first 5 years. Anything that happens after 5 years is general weak and tear, so your constant bitching and ramblings on the VE really means shit all to anyone that actually owns ones, especially me as mines a company car so i loose out a total of $0.00!!! dancenana.gif After 5 years I will probably upgrade to something new anyway so it effects me even less that 0% care factor!!

I guess after it won the aus version of wheels PCOTY still makes it a piece of crap in ur expert eyes??? sm_sleep.gif

Your use of the english language indicates ur a spanner monkey from way back right??? :laugh:

So who are you and what do you do? And why do you still drive a 15 year old import???

And I as most got a free 5 warranty on our VE's so even if all the crap you have said is gonna happen to my car it will be fixed in the first 5 years. Anything that happens after 5 years is general weak and tear, so your constant bitching and ramblings on the VE really means shit all to anyone that actually owns ones, especially me as mines a company car so i loose out a total of $0.00!!! dancenana.gif After 5 years I will probably upgrade to something new anyway so it effects me even less that 0% care factor!!

I guess after it won the aus version of wheels PCOTY still makes it a piece of crap in ur expert eyes??? sm_sleep.gif

yep i still own and modd skylines

and i own them coz i never had troubles with them

so u dont even own the ve u drive well that says alot

but u will be kinda out of pocket coz if and when your ve does get a issue u will (or your company) will be with out a car unless u pay for a hire car through your dealership

and big deal about it winning some wheels thing they just drove it without something braking

Theres heaps of mechanical reasons why I sold my old V6 supercharged VT and 5.7L VX.

(They used too literally buy palattes of brake disks for the VX at the dealership :laugh:)

They just arent very good at all and why I drive a 15yr old import toys, they don't give me anywhere near the amount of shit really and a lot more fun to drive.

The recall is a minor quibble really which is being beat-up into basically a bit of hate fest, which in part is due too the extraordinary publicity and beat-up on how good theyre supposed too be. However in Holden's small bit of defence they arent all that bad but just not good enough too ever make me want too buy one again and I'd put it under the same type of thing as the XR6's.

Wait for a series 2

yep i still own and modd skylines

and i own them coz i never had troubles with them

so u dont even own the ve u drive well that says alot

but u will be kinda out of pocket coz if and when your ve does get a issue u will (or your company) will be with out a car unless u pay for a hire car through your dealership

and big deal about it winning some wheels thing they just drove it without something braking

I do own the car and it is in my name, and I can do anything to it, and sell it when i please. My company pays me an allowance which covers all the expenses of owning it. I looked at a variety of cars before I bought it, and I bought it as it suited my purposes for the job I am doing. If i have to take the car in to get repaired and it takes the whole day I get paid for that day etc etc etc. If i do need to have the car repaired for a few days we have a fleet of SR5 Hilux utes i could use.

Dont get me wrong, I do love my imports, but driving around a 300rwkw skyline for work and doing over 600km a week in travel aint practical

import vs local:

which is better for-

carry 5 adults : local

boot space: local

insurance cost: local

fuel costs: local

repairs costs: local

cost to buy new: local

performance: import

so people are always going to buy local made cars for the simple fact that ordinary families are better suited to having a local made car. sure they have bugs, but there are a lot more of them sold than a lot of other cars.