SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

Its weird, I'm worried it would leak because there is no o-ring, gasket etc behind the cover to seal it. But it mustnt be leaking as it feels as good as before but is running AFR's in the 10:1 range under full load. Take a bit of fuel out of it and might be on a winner :)

Not having issues with what sounded like surge at 100kmh-110kmh in 5th gear. Bit odd that the anti surge cover seemed to be causing surge there :S

Will keep everyone posted.....

Also: Photo DVD's are sitting in my car so if you want one I can meet you somewhere over the weekend or something

Great day at Palmyra today

Stoked with how my car went with the new front cover, and my quick hour touch up of the tune yesturday

13.028@110mph with a 2.06 60ft time

Last run:

13.889@110mph with a 1.8 60ft time. Missed a gear on this one, would have been in the 12's :(

question, anyone travelled between Rocky and mackay recently?

if so, how are the roads? last time i went up to mackay i went through countless roadworks on the highway, and many hours were spent removing tar from the side of my car. would prefer not to have to go through that again :down:

Hey guys,

Just bought myself a R33 GTS T 1994 model. Looking for ideas where to start. First high performance car that's going to have work to done to it. So where do you guys think is the best place to start and work up from there?

Start with the basics mate, Front mount intercooler, 3.5inch full exhaust system, electronic boost controller, ECU (Power FC is good for budget) and maybe a clutch upgrade. I would recommend not to go over 11 psi of boost on standard turbo as they will tend to blow and a general rule of thumb is your roughly allowed around 10% power increase on standard tune (e.g exhaust and intercooler upgrade) before you have to start looking at AFR's and re-mapping the computer. Depending on your budget you can can pick up all these parts cheaply second hand. What are your plans for the car? because if you going for over 300kw, i would just go for a RB26 transplant as they are one tuff engine and make more power easily.

I may have a power FC for sale soon......

I did all my supporting mods first (pretty much the stuff ben just said) then all I had to do was bolt on a turbo, get new injectors and a tune and was all ready to go

Some people like doing it all at once

No right or wrong way just depends on budget and time constraints

But as I said I may have a power fc and Z32 AFM for sale in the next 2 months

I can go one better Callan, lol

I've got a Powerfc, hand controller, nismo 555cc injectors already in a fuel rail for sale, right now :)

I'll even throw in a full tune for an extra $100.

Haha. You're welcome to PM me mate if you want any of this. I'd love to sell it as a package.

Just bare in mind a full Powerfc tune in Mackay Mackay is worth about $800+ and there aren't any shops around here that will do as good a job as me. I love these cars and take time and care. Not a rush job to get them charged and out of the workshop.

I got 2 RB30 blocks a turbo one and a non turbo block. Just need some RB26 heads, waiting for a rainy day to build a new engine for the R33 GTR but will be quite a few years before that happens. I got my new toy to play with now can't wait to play with my 350Z VQ35 engine the old RB's are boring the shit out of me at the moment.

When's our next cruise i have a car to drive now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start with the basics mate, Front mount intercooler, 3.5inch full exhaust system, electronic boost controller, ECU (Power FC is good for budget) and maybe a clutch upgrade. I would recommend not to go over 11 psi of boost on standard turbo as they will tend to blow and a general rule of thumb is your roughly allowed around 10% power increase on standard tune (e.g exhaust and intercooler upgrade) before you have to start looking at AFR's and re-mapping the computer. Depending on your budget you can can pick up all these parts cheaply second hand. What are your plans for the car? because if you going for over 300kw, i would just go for a RB26 transplant as they are one tuff engine and make more power easily.

Thanks for the help,

At the moment from what I know. I know it has a full 3.5" full exhaust system, It has a ECB and it's running 10PSi on the boost at the moment. It has a front intercooler installed as well. It's also running semi sport slick tyres. (New as well). Budget is tight at the moment after just buying it. Bascially it's already a cop magent which is bad for me (I'll leave it at that eh?) It sounds extremley nice where it is, I'd like to get a little more out of it to begin with without going overboard. The things I've been looking at is a short shifter, new clutch, bigger brakes and a nice new type R Alpine full stereo system (Like my music).

The interior will be the last thing I touch. But just a little more oophm would be nice, not that it doesn't already have it. It's also having a new engine brace/strut being sent up from the previous owner as it's without one currently.

Awesome help so far guys!