SAU Community

The Sunny Coast Chat Post

Baysidebluebnr34

when i had all the paint work and panel beating done on mine i had 8 panels painted and panel beated and cost me $1200. and the job was bloody perfect. maybe you should shop around a bit for how much everywhere can do it becaise you might be able to get it done cheeper then the excess payment

Where did you get yours done?

ho wmany people are having there bloody birthday tonight?

lol i dunno aye, just got invited yesterday so im goin. should be good. anyway we are leaving at 4 so i better get moving chao!

lol i dunno aye, just got invited yesterday so im goin. should be good. anyway we are leaving at 4 so i better get moving chao!

Dont drink too much red cordial dazza. :)

the only reason i got mine so cheap was because its my dads old panel shop. but gt panels is the place, in noosa. you can go in and get a quote. all i can say is there main painter was trained by my dad and can match ANY colour. They also specilise in restorations of really old cars so its interesting to check out there projects

its called go to panels now thou. i just remeber it as gts from when i was a kid growing up there

Thanks for the info, i'am thinking i might be better off getting the quote and the money off the insurance company and just paying the extra and painting the entire car.

At least then i get a full repray from the whole thing.

Thanks for the info, i'am thinking i might be better off getting the quote and the money off the insurance company and just paying the extra and painting the entire car.

At least then i get a full repray from the whole thing.

u will find that the insurance company wont just give u the cash they will pay for the damage that was done. thats why i said key the other side of ya car, then that way u can say the whole car is ruined pay your excess and get a full respray. bcoz its gonna cost a fair bit for a whole respray it will be much cheaper to pay your $1400 and get a whole respray.

u will find that the insurance company wont just give u the cash they will pay for the damage that was done. thats why i said key the other side of ya car, then that way u can say the whole car is ruined pay your excess and get a full respray. bcoz its gonna cost a fair bit for a whole respray it will be much cheaper to pay your $1400 and get a whole respray.

Can't because the police report said what damage was done as will the police photo's. Hopefully the insurance company will give me a cheque as my policy says that i can choose who i want to do the job then just pay the extra onto of that.

Can't because the police report said what damage was done as will the police photo's. Hopefully the insurance company will give me a cheque as my policy says that i can choose who i want to do the job then just pay the extra onto of that.

argh ok fair enough, but i just had mine fixed after a lady reversed into it and u dont even see the money, u get a quote from your agreed repairer and then they get in contact with your insurance company with the quote, then if your insurance is happy with the quote then they will give the go ahead for the repair to happen, and once the repair is done then they send a cheque directly to the repairer, so u dont even get any money changing through your hands. but if u want to get the rest resprayed then that is for you to work out with the repairer separately then he will do the whole job and insurance will cover there part and u just pay him cash or what ever for the rest of the work that u are paying for. respray's arent cheap, if u want it done properly u gotta get all your windows out etc, and most guys who do proper jobs do it that way. like with the damage i had i asked how much for a full respray, he said about 8K it sound's expensive and u can probably get it done cheaper but with the guy i used i know his work is thorough and he doesnt cut corners.

Edited by 85URK

argh ok fair enough, but i just had mine fixed after a lady reversed into it and u dont even see the money, u get a quote from your agreed repairer and then they get in contact with your insurance company with the quote, then if your insurance is happy with the quote then they will give the go ahead for the repair to happen, and once the repair is done then they send a cheque directly to the repairer, so u dont even get any money changing through your hands. but if u want to get the rest resprayed then that is for you to work out with the repairer separately then he will do the whole job and insurance will cover there part and u just pay him cash or what ever for the rest of the work that u are paying for. respray's arent cheap, if u want it done properly u gotta get all your windows out etc, and most guys who do proper jobs do it that way. like with the damage i had i asked how much for a full respray, he said about 8K it sound's expensive and u can probably get it done cheaper but with the guy i used i know his work is thorough and he doesnt cut corners.

Yeah thanks for the advice i think i might just get the repairs done and just pay to get any other bits fixed at the same time out of my pocket. I would hate to think i pay to get the whole car resrayed and someone does the same thing.

Man if i seen a girl/guy doing that to mine or anyones car for that matter :nyaanyaa:

request: anyone got some stock r33 gtst wheels I could just borrow for a sec to see if they will fit my car? I am in Kuluin and car is undrivable at present (no wheels :)). Would be GREATLY appreciated. Also I think s14 or s15 wheels are similar. Thanks.

Chris

request: anyone got some stock r33 gtst wheels I could just borrow for a sec to see if they will fit my car? I am in Kuluin and car is undrivable at present (no wheels :)). Would be GREATLY appreciated. Also I think s14 or s15 wheels are similar. Thanks.

Chris

Any reason why they have to be R33 gtst? Other then width?

R32 gtst be ok?

Any reason why they have to be R33 gtst? Other then width?

R32 gtst be ok?

are r32's 16's? Basically, has r33 calipers on it and I was told to try out some r33 wheels as they should fit. Basically, just looking for stock looking wheels that are 16's and fit over the caliper :) Oh, 16's are my choice as I want to run 255/50/16 ET streets when I hit the track and want to have this car to have all 4 wheels the same :) edit: need 7" width to run those tyres.

Edited by chris davey

are r32's 16's? Basically, has r33 calipers on it and I was told to try out some r33 wheels as they should fit. Basically, just looking for stock looking wheels that are 16's and fit over the caliper :) Oh, 16's are my choice as I want to run 255/50/16 ET streets when I hit the track and want to have this car to have all 4 wheels the same :) edit: need 7" width to run those tyres.

chris i have a set sitting here i just bought, u can borrow them if u wanna try them, but i got no way of transporting them. i am also looking into a set of tyres for these rims for the drags. they are the stock 33 gtst rims, 205/55/R16 is the tyres sizes on them now.

Edited by 85URK

are r32's 16's? Basically, has r33 calipers on it and I was told to try out some r33 wheels as they should fit. Basically, just looking for stock looking wheels that are 16's and fit over the caliper :banana: Oh, 16's are my choice as I want to run 255/50/16 ET streets when I hit the track and want to have this car to have all 4 wheels the same :laugh: edit: need 7" width to run those tyres.

32 & 33 rims are only 6.5" wide. If you want 7" you'll have to get something else.

I have a set of these at work, factory nissan but I dont know exactly what they are off. they do clear r33 brakes and are 16x7. you can have the whole set for $350 if you want.

post-13495-1210035888_thumb.jpg

Edited by datt0man

anyone on here? this is the 2nd day were i have been left alone at work because my boss ( she is the only physio on today ) is sick. so i have to answer phones which havent rung for 3 hours...i mean i dont mind getting paid for doing nothing but there is only so much entertainment here.