SAU Community

After Cleaning And Flow Testing Injector Car Performance Drops....

Hi All,

You've probably read my other stupid post about me hooking up the fuel lines backwards and "thinking" that the place who cleaned my injectors fried them.... Anyhow I've assembled the fuel rail, plenum, throttle body with new seals and gaskets... And the car starts.

The Good News

I've noticed it starts easier, plus idles much nicer with no idle hunting and also the motor is heaps more quiet.

The Bad News

Feels like the car is 2x slower than before, I can't feel the kick when the boost hits. I've checked for leaky vaccuum lines & other air lines that go to the AAC, etc... no leaks... and the boost still registers 12PSI..

What is going on?

So in your opinion, you think it's running more rich?

that is fairly common from what i have seen , that cleaning your injectors allows them to flow more ..

flowing more for any given pulse of the injectors would mean that more fuel per pulse, which would be more rich, as the ECU doesnt know how much its flowing, only how long its pulse is.

so yes, it would be running more rich

I'd say get some management as Chris said :laugh:

You've hd it running leaner than normal... now its just running as normal and needs to be leaned out again in the correct fashion.

See how it goes after that... shouldnt be an issue i reckon

But leaning out is asking for trouble right?

Well I might get a re-map done again on my ECU and see how I go from there....

just get a quick recheck of the AFR's ona dyno

if they are good now, means they were bad before.

You probably should reset your ECU after cleaning the injectors so it can re-learn the set up. It can take a couple hundred kays to settle in.

Also it could be that you were actually running closer to normal AFR's because the injectors were dirty. The actual reason could be that the O2 sensor is kaput & the system is running over rich because of it.

Look for lots of black crap on the bumper around the exhaust after a weeks worth of driving, a good indication it's over-rich.

Edited by JazzaR33