SAU Community

Defect Stations

bixby

My friend rang me up just now saying that the cops are having some soft of defect stations for the imports from now on, especially during summer time on Anzac Highway and Greenhill Road. Have you guys heard anything about this?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where did your friend hear that from?

Rhere's defect stations as the weather warms up for years.

Years back when I was in my teens from around 15-16 (~10years ago) they used to sit down both Hindley and Rundle street. Occasionally on Anzac highway near the tennis courts.

Those were the days.. lol

Hands up for those that remember the car park at the end of Anzac highway Glenelg. :P

Those were the days.. lol

Hands up for those that remember the car park at the end of Anzac highway Glenelg. :P

i remember, wasnt it at mitre 10 or something? those were indeed the days...

Not sure if we are talking about the same car park. :yucky:

Originally there was the car park right at the end of Anzac highway, like right at the end where the roundabout now is. That was shut down ~10years ago (1995-1996) and all there was left was magic mountain car park, which in comparison was gay. :sick:

Every weekend the car park at the end of Anzac';s would fill with hoons, burnouts packs of cars leaving to run up anzac. Given a couple of hours which was strange considering it always happened and the cop shop was 100m away the police would come in shut down the car park and defect those left. :kiss:

Was quite interesting for a young lad just getting his license.

I've attached a pic of where it was. See the blue square.

post-382-1162249174.jpg

I read the article your friend did too. Apparently it's part of the crackdown on crime in the bay, not sure what a defect station has to do with binge drinking hooligans on jetty road though.

Anyhow, expect an increase police presence down that way when it heats up.

lol cubes you must be as old as i am .used to go down there with my lj torrie with a 327 chev in it someone would see the cops comming and people would run to there cars trying to escape b4 they arrived .the old smithfield road house was another great hangout as well

well being phat could get you in trouble which isnt worth it. thats why i took mine out when i got my alarm. other way is if you want to use the tt, just dont pull up the hand brake when you turn off your engine.

Yeah that's a good point duc. I've just been hitting the tt kill switch, but it's something i should think about when i redo my console - was in the middle of relocating the gauges, tt, shift controllers, etc.

On another noted... police can't go through your car without a warrant right? Or unless they see something that would warrant a search.

Edited by Howie

Yeah that's a good point duc. I've just been hitting the tt kill switch, but it's something i should think about when i redo my console - was in the middle of relocating the gauges, tt, shift controllers, etc.

On another noted... police can't go through your car without a warrant right? Or unless they see something that would warrant a search.

You are right Howie... But what can you do if they said that they "suspect" that your car has some illegal mods? You still have no choice but to let them check out your ride man......

lol cubes you must be as old as i am .used to go down there with my lj torrie with a 327 chev in it someone would see the cops comming and people would run to there cars trying to escape b4 they arrived .the old smithfield road house was another great hangout as well

Nice LJ with a 328 in it. :)

I can't imagine such a thing happening in this day and age.. I was surprised at times how long it took for the police to rock up; ppls would drop a bit of oil, washing detergent or what ever it was and burn out after burnout would occur as ppls left on those warm nights.

i originally had my tubro timer mounted on the panel under steering wheel, but was always shitting myself and taking it off when there was a breatho and yanked it off.

I now mounted it in the little tray under stereo, and the plan is if someone checks my car to just turn it off and put my phone in front of it. if my phone gets moved i might be screwed, but my car looks stock from inside so i rekon my chances are good :)