chadr33

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you mean by not holding 3rd gear Joe? In my old auto the overrun servo wasn't engaging so that the revs dropped when you took your foot off the accelerator. It was still in gear and the engine could still drive the wheels but the wheels couldn't drive the engine if you know what I mean.

usually when im in 3rd with the overdrive on it will hold 3rd like a manual does. with the wire cut, i put overdrive on as usual and it accelerates like normal, but as soon as i stop accelerating it drops to neutral.

any further updates on how the boxes are holding up after a few months of doing this???

box is fine. ive done a few runs with it and still feels fine... ive got a switch hooked up to mine so its on and off pretty often.

Ok, after a bit of reading i found out how to do it, and you dont even need to cut the wire. Just unplug the little silver/grey box labeled 'JECS' near the fuse box (on the r32, not sure where it is on the r33).

Partial throttle changes were alot more chunky.. didn't notice a heck of alot on WOT, but i need to do a bit more testing in non-50k areas.

Ok, after a bit of reading i found out how to do it, and you dont even need to cut the wire. Just unplug the little silver/grey box labeled 'JECS' near the fuse box (on the r32, not sure where it is on the r33).

Partial throttle changes were alot more chunky.. didn't notice a heck of alot on WOT, but i need to do a bit more testing in non-50k areas.

What does that jecs box do?

From what I understand its just a resistor - however when unplugging it you also break a circuit that controls a solenoid which sets the pressure in the auto boxes. By disconnecting the solenoid the autobox stays at full pressure the whole time. (or something like that)

• 5 months later...

so i gave this a shot in my r33 gtst tonight. thought why not if it doesnt work ill just wire it back up.

shifts are definatly firmer and quicker, when you give it some it feels alot smoother cause its not messing about thinking about changing gears.

with overdrive off (yellow light on in the dash) when you release the throttle it does knock it back into neutral. ive also found that when this happens and you are going around 70-80kph (downhill) the car tends to jerk on and off, like its trying to stop or change gears or something??

does this happen to you security?

anyone else have any ideas?

• 1 month later...

i have a switch on mine like security does. its been on and off for a month or so and i havent had any problems with it.

i did get sick of it changing back to neutral when i have overdrive off and i stop accelerating, so i usually have the switch set to off so i get normal pressure and normal changes.

its probably ok for a quick fix until you get a mv valve upgrade. but id at least put a switch on it

the shift kit is a standard pathfinder valve body there is still a big issue with the first band as a standard bit of kit. this will also have to be changed

just in case you are wondering this performs the shift to drive 1st and 2nd

OK, someone asked about the viability of this cutting on an R34...and just today I got told about the MV Valve Body kits. Been wanting to do something to the gearbox for ages (tiptronic GT-t) but didnt know what/how and now that I know there's something on the market, could i get the contact info for MV Auto? Possibly e-mail too as i live in New Zealand. I am not fond of the cutting idea so i'd like to get in touch with MV Auto and ask them for specifics for the kits and shipping/DIY fitting instructions etc...

So far, quite a few people mentioned the kit on R32's and R33's but I've yet to hear about the effectiveness on tiptronic shifts for R34's.

Anyone got it done?

Cheers