SAU Community

Forged Pistons and $$

Guest INASNT

Sydneykid…

You generalised and were caught out… Ya get that…

This is my last post…

I’m sorry I ever even came to this forum.

As for the trip to Japan that you say you’re going to pay for…

No need for PM’s… Email me…

We’re off to Toda’s Fightex suspension workshop… (You did say my choice)

All expenses paid by you…

What you’re suggesting would be cool, but honestly… I don’t believe you.

Roy

Nice try... Ha ha ha...

Never know if you don’t ask.

If you would like Toda parts a good prices email me.

I can look after you.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

www.kleenex.com

oh and i'd like to ask, what is wrong with them outsourcing parts anyway? For example carrillo rods and shit like that, heavy duting forgings of there rods are known to take over 1000hp, for the price to strength there pretty damn good really. That goes for all the other manufacturers too, they produce in greater numbers than the jap shops, they can therefore lower there prices.

I just dont see the point of the argument really.

Hey Xeron - Love the subtle link

But you are right, there is nothing wrong with outsourcing. It has been happening for ever, and will continue to.

I personally have a problem with companies who outsouce their catalogue, then double the price and give them their flashy names in flashy boxes, and neither corfirm or deny that you can buy the exact same thing from the original manufacturer for half the price. I believe their should be more information available about this, as we all have a budget which limits our performance. I would hope that, Like I and Sydneykid have, is made public (for SAU and SDU forums anyways) about certain products that are available from the original manufacturer, for half the price. A lot of this information is hard to come by, and can save you HEAPS in the long run...

S of S

You realise that none of the Japanese make their own injectors?

They are largely all Denso.

I agree with Sydneykid, in general the Japanese often outsource their parts and charge a premium.

Whether Toda do this I can't say but to say that it's not a common practice because Toda do not do it is short sighted.

T.

T0nyGTSt

Nippon Denso is a Japanese company…

The Denso injectors sold by Blitz, HKS & Sard are all priced competitively…

No secret is made as to the origins of these products…

www.denso.co.jp

With regard to TODA Products… For the record…

TODA Racing uses the latest design and manufacturing equipment to produce TODA products. All product design is carried out using the IBM CATIA (CAD/CAM/CAE) which is the same system used by Honda, Boeing, Ferrari, and other high technology manufacturers.

All TODA products are manufactured in-house by TODA. Having an in-house manufacturing capability means there are no compromises in design or manufacturing. Product testing is carried using advanced analytical software, engine bench testing (engine dyno), and race testing