SAU Community

R32 Computer mods ??

R324DRIFT

Hey pplz,

I was wondering if anyone knows how much some remapping of the standard R32 gtst computer and who does it. I was also wondering if u could get say a chip that would take the speed limiter off ,and crank up the fuel a bit.

If anyone knows who makes these kind of mods and for how much I would really like to know.

Thanks allot guys.

Dr Drift from melbourne has been chipping r32 ecu's. I think its just an addon chip that goes inside. I know he does it for a good price, but cos hes in melb, dont know what can be done. It might be worth sending him a PM just for some info on what he uses and how its done.

My r33 ecu has been chipped to remove the speed limiter, so it can be done. I also have an unused tomei limitter over system (speed limit removal) for sale which will do the same thing.

los1.jpg

chiptorque make and tune chips for the r32, looking at $500+ for the chip then $160 for the 1st hr on the dyno and $125 for every hour after that. They reckon 2 hours is more than enough time to get a good tune.

dave; to make more money off people who dont know any better? :P

and mick, is it similar prices for a r33? what exactly can you tune with the chiptorque ones, dont know much about em :(

i have heard, becuase the cars are not actually designed to go over 180, that people who have cut the wire have had fuelling problems among other side effects.

my ecu has the limiter built into it, so never had to cut the wire to test it out myself. btw, its wire 53 in a 33.

burt, i'm pretty sure the r33 computer can't be chipped. u would have to go aftermarket computer, an apexi power fc plugs straight onto the standard wireing loom and can be tuned by gavin woods on the gold coast.

if u can't afford that i think u can get a microtech for less than $1000, these r a map sensor based ecu so u can get rid of the AFM. there a bit of a pain to hook up though, u need to find the wires from all the sensors and connect them to the microtech, the main advantage is there australian made so plenty of ppl know how to tune em.

mick51 - my r33 ecu has been chipped by a tuning house in Japan. It all looks std, but has their sticker + serial on outside and stick MT3 on one of the chips inside...

thats about all i know tho.

Guest Boxhead

ive got am eeprom chip or whatever its called, apparently easy enough to tune, with teh right thing to plug in your pc so you can plug the chip in, the software is jap tho :O ohwell.. one day maybe ill buy the stuff i need.. or just get soemone to re tune it for me.

Guest 382 GZV - 4 Door R33

What the heck - why not just go for broke and get a HKS f-con V pro, and while your at it get the JUN vice-president over to tune it - he'll do it properly I've read, bit on a dyno, then on the drag strip and road.

Don't know how much it would cost though, probably more than my car!

• 4 weeks later...

I have an f-con V non-pro but i cannot get anyone in queensland to install/tune it SHIT! haha. Im lookin into tuning roms myself removing the speed limit and increasing rev limit are very easy. I just need someone with the skill to teach me 3d fuel maps. i have a mate with a dyno dynamics dyno and ive got the computer skills so will be up and running soon.

• 3 months later...

the chiptorque chip is a special board that fits into an EPROM socket which can be flashed programmed by chiptorque only. its got copyprotection on it so it can't be ready by a conventional EPROM programmer. that is what you pay $500 ... their piece of mind cos you really pay for the tuning afterwards

not that its impossible to read the flash chip by other means :-)

i will be selling my mines ecu out of my r32 skyline very soon probably, it has better fuel and ignition maps and also has the speed cut removed no boost cut and raised/removed rev cut also.... on my mildish r32 this seemed to improve power and torque substantially..... just an idea anyway...