SAU Community

New(er) Gt35r Dyno Results

I just thought I'd give a quick heads up and update some of the stuff from my previous posts. We took the car back to the dyno after fighting what we believed to be a misfire problem. We hardwired the coils, hooked up an HKS Twin Power DLI, and rechecked the plug gap, but still had no luck. Then I figured out that the AEM boost cut was set too low! So all that for nothing, lol. Anyway, we also hardwired the fuel pump because we had a voltage loss going to the pump, so that fixed that problem. With the car getting proper fuel, and no boost cut (or imaginary misfire), we layed down 500rwhp/372rwkw and 420rwtq/313rwtq @23psi.

We're still running a bone stock head, just ARP's, and headgasket for the increased boost. I'm not sure what the limit of the stock cams are on a non-nitrous motor, but we'll soon find out. The 550cc injectors are officially maxxed out, so it's time for some 750's, and then we'll crank the boost up to 28psi to see what it makes.

We took it to the track and it ran 11.01 @128mph, so it was a pretty solid setup. This is also in full street trim, including a body kit, and a stereo system with XM sattelite radio! The car will be on the cover of S3 magazine in March, so check it out if you get a chance. Thanks to everyone on here who gave help and suggestions. It really did make life easier 8-) We're not done yet though. We've got more to come...

Edited by SleepingTalon

I just thought I'd give a quick heads up and update some of the stuff from my previous posts. We took the car back to the dyno after fighting what we believed to be a misfire problem. We hardwired the coils, hooked up an HKS Twin Power DLI, and rechecked the plug gap, but still had no luck. Then I figured out that the AEM boost cut was set too low! So all that for nothing, lol. Anyway, we also hardwired the fuel pump because we had a voltage loss going to the pump, so that fixed that problem. With the car getting proper fuel, and no boost cut (or imaginary misfire), we layed down 500rwhp/372rwkw and 420rwtq/313rwtq @23psi.

We're still running a bone stock head, just ARP's, and headstuds for the increased boost. I'm not sure what the limit of the stock cams is on a non-nitrous motor, but we'll soon find out. The 550cc injectors are officially maxxed out, so it's time for some 750's, and then we'll crank the boost up to 28psi to see what it makes.

We took it to the track and it ran 11.01 @128mph, so it was a pretty solid setup. This is also in full street trim, including a body kit, and a stereo system with XM sattelite radio! The car will be on the cover of S3 magazine in March, so check it out if you get a chance. Thanks to everyone on here who gave help and suggestions. It really did make life easier 8-) We're not done yet though. We've got more to come...

Congrats mate

theres not much more without nitrous that i could get out of them

i made 502 rwhp and then 591 with gas on standard cams

what sort of motor, and in what car (auto/Manual)??

The car is a 5spd. The bottom end is a Wiseco/Eagle Combo, and it's in a 1998 240sx. The motor is great, I can't say enough good things about it. If I put more injector, and throw more boost at it, it should be at around 550whp. The cams are definitely running outta breath for just having boost, but that problem will be addressed shortly as well. I've got an old video of it making 450whp, and drifting, which is from the previous tune (back when we were having "spark" issues), and another video of it at the dragstrip with the NEW tune. Lemme know what you think. Thanks again guys. This forum has been a TON of help!

OLD TUNE, 450WHP DRIFT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjh4JN-ihM8

NEW TUNE, 500WHP DRAGSTRIP