SAU Community

New Audio System Setup For 34

G_Force

Hi, im currently looking at the following setup for my R34 GT-T. Wot do u guys think? Ive allowed several options. Feel free to suggest something different.

Source unit: Alpine D100 or D310 – I believe both these units have an adjustable rail for the screen so the screen is able to sit further out to clear the air-cond unit above it. Can anyone, specially those with an R34, confirm this for me?

Amp: Audison LRX 4.3 65WRMS x 4(4 Ohm) or 105WRMS x 4 (2 Ohm)

Or the Audison SRX 4 60WRMS x 4(4 Ohm) or 85WRMS x 4 (2 Ohm)

Although from the specs, these amps look like they r underpowered to run the splits and sub, I believe that Audison are very good amps and should be able to do the job. Correct me if im wrong.

Fronts: Focal V1 6.5” splits 70WRMS Or Focal V2 6.5” splits 75WRMS. Can anyone confirm for me that these will fit into the doors or would i require a pod/spacer?

Sub: Focal 30 A1 12” 250WRMS Or JL Audio W1 13” 200WRMS Or Focal 33 V1 13” 400WRMS

Rear fills: Alpine 6.5” 2 way’s 30WRMS(these are from my old car) – run straight off the deck or from the amp if possible(im not sure if these can run be run with the bridged sub). The R34 came with twin factory speakers on the rear shelf so a hole on either side of the shelf will have to be filled. Has anyone with an R34 managed to do a neat job on this without removing the rear shelf & replacing the carpet?

I am looking at getting a false floor built for the sub either using the wheel well as an enclosure which will mean a fibreglass n dynamat job, or having a raised floor just deep enough to take the sub but this would mean half of my boot space will be gone. Is it possible to port these types of enclosures? Anyone got pics of similar install, please post em or pm me if u like.

Im also wondering whether u guys have ideas in keepin the weight down and have the enclosure built in a way so that the sub & floor can be removed when required? This is only for the odd occasion when I take my car out on a track day.

Thanks in advance for to those that can help. Feel free to make a suggestion if u think there is a better way I can set this up.

Cheers :)

we put the focal V1 in last weekend all we had to do was file the factory pods down about 1mm that was it and they fitted.

also i took the rear shelf out and just put new spreakers in that way and used factory rear shelf, which i through was easyer. As u gotta take rear seat out any way to run the power cable and rca's the shelf comes out with couple of clips

we put the focal V1 in last weekend all we had to do was file the factory pods down about 1mm that was it and they fitted.

also i took the rear shelf out and just put new spreakers in that way and used factory rear shelf, which i through was easyer. As u gotta take rear seat out any way to run the power cable and rca's the shelf comes out with couple of clips

Did u just cover the 2 spare holes up with some MDF and re-carpet? Coz my rear shelf's got 4 holes, 2 on each side for factory twin speakers.

Nice to know the Focals fits with minimal work. Wot else r u running with ur V1's Raistlin?

Did u just cover the 2 spare holes up with some MDF and re-carpet? Coz my rear shelf's got 4 holes, 2 on each side for factory twin speakers.

Nice to know the Focals fits with minimal work. Wot else r u running with ur V1's Raistlin?

hmm i only had 2 rear spreakers so that was easy just used standard covers, so if u look in there just looks like standard ones.

i got a alpine V Power amp running the V1's i put the tweeter near the door handle in the door trim, was a easy fit too. looks factory too. also got Alpine Type R in the rear Shelf which is run off the alpine amp aswell, At the moment just running a 12" kicker sub for now, just saving up for 2* 15" Digital design subs for it.

I've got the D310E that I imported from Hong Kong... definitely worth looking at cos I saved heaps.... all round an awesome system but doesn't have the bling factor that most pioneers have. My whole system is Alpine R type gear.

- x2 Alpine Type R 12" sub woofers (500W RMS each)

- x2 6.5" splits with tweeters

- x2 6" rear speakers

- x2 1 Farad capacitors

- x1 Secondary battery to run the sound system

- x1 700W Alpine V12 amp

- x1 1000W Alpine V12 monoblock

The install was done by Alberts in Cannington. Got a full custom boot made up. They have fibre glassed the tyre well and created a false floor and a sub port. The two subs are facing up cos of the minimal boot space. The tweeters are in doors where the side view mirrors are and the speakers are in the stock compartment covered by the factory grills. Same deal with the rear speakers on the parcel shelf. I didn't use the Alpine open cover grills.

post-24937-1163561782.jpg

post-24937-1163561799.jpg

post-24937-1163561824.jpg

post-24937-1163561841.jpg

Hey Saj

Thats a nice n neat set-up. Did u get ur 310 H/U off ebay? Ive been watchin one there, listed at a good price but im abit iffy bout the seller. Ive noticed a no. of bids on his item but he keeps re-listing it n has no history of comments from other buyers/sellers. Also has not answered my question about whether its a genuine Alpine.

I have not used Pioneer b4 so am not sure how good they r, tho they do look bling like u said.

Did u have the problem of having to fill 2 spare holes in ur rear shelf?

Im assuming u ran the 2nd battery from the boot, is it located behind the seats & how did u hold it down? Is this a worthwhile idea or would the std battery be sufficient for wot im trying to achive, anyone??

I've got the D310E that I imported from Hong Kong... definitely worth looking at cos I saved heaps.... all round an awesome system but doesn't have the bling factor that most pioneers have. My whole system is Alpine R type gear.

- x2 Alpine Type R 12" sub woofers (500W RMS each)

- x2 6.5" splits with tweeters

- x2 6" rear speakers

- x2 1 Farad capacitors

- x1 Secondary battery to run the sound system

- x1 700W Alpine V12 amp

- x1 1000W Alpine V12 monoblock

The install was done by Alberts in Cannington. Got a full custom boot made up. They have fibre glassed the tyre well and created a false floor and a sub port. The two subs are facing up cos of the minimal boot space. The tweeters are in doors where the side view mirrors are and the speakers are in the stock compartment covered by the factory grills. Same deal with the rear speakers on the parcel shelf. I didn't use the Alpine open cover grills.

The system install was about $1100 at alberts cannington. Simon did it for me... he's really good...

Basically they took the firewall our of my back seat so the sub bass excursion comes through to the main cabin, and if you haven't seen the 310E before, it actually has two parts to it. The first is the actual unit which is 1DIN unit, and then the actual controls part is mounted into the back seat of my car cos thats where all the amps are. So there's a long cable run into the front of the car where it is mounted. Alberts ended up making an MDF slot that was covered in vinyl to crate a cover for the gab in the main console where the unit was cos there was a 2DIN MD player from the previous installation. I got them to flush mount the turbo timer above the head unit...

There were no problems filling the holes in the rear shelf cos they just used the standard speaker compartments and the way the amps are mounted it hides everything.

The second battery is under the false floor in the boot and is bolted down. It then has a cable running to the alternator to charge it while the car runs. I've also got an ACC switch that allows u to run the system without the keys in the ignition.

If you're just running the Unit with normal speakers and no subs then there's no need for a secondary battery, but if you're running amps and all you definitely should go for it. It's only about $300 for an oddessy one. In addition to that I've got 2 1Farad capacitors running in the boot. Basically you need 1 Capacitor for every 1000Watts of power otherwise you're system will brown out and you electrics could fail when u pump it, head lights dim etc. Capacitors store a residual charge and take the load off your battery.

All the lighting is just a 12" red neon light wired up to the boot light... in the cabin its just wired up from behind the cigarette lighter with a kill switch for when the cops are around... Turns off all the interior and exterior neons :huh:

Added some "making of" pics seeing that there's been alot of interest in the setup.

By the way my car is for sale if anyone is interested :) would be nice if anyone could let me know if they know of peeps interested in an R34.

post-24937-1163723669.jpg

post-24937-1163723792.jpg

post-24937-1163723846.jpg

post-24937-1163723945.jpg

post-24937-1163724022.jpg

post-24937-1163724125.jpg

post-24937-1163724370.jpg

post-24937-1163724466.jpg

post-24937-1163724527.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
hey dude whats up? i was wondering did your car come with a dvd player screen in it original, becuase my cd player f**ked up and i need to buy one if you got your stock one still and wont to sell it please drop me a line contact me on 0425 74 26 86 or at [email protected] thanks mate

I doubt he's gonna remove n sell it separately or he wont have a H/U to run the rest of the gear. And if he is, he knows im after one of those H/U's :domokun: