SAU Community

R34 Gtr 2j Conversion

s2krazy

Just guessed a figure as I wasn't sure of exact weight. I'm not saying you didn't run that time, I'm saying the chance of you running that time with only what you listed was highly unlikely, a capable driver can't even come close to running the car 100% perfectly down the 1/4, so potentially your saying that a 12.5 @ 116mph isn't even the best a "mildly" modified r33 can do, I'm sure you can see the issue here, if the rb25 was so capable with such little modifications, why didn't they just use this instead of the rb26 in the gtr's?

Um first to silverbulletr33, read before writing fool - I stated it had a Cheap Highflow turbo.

The fact is that I ran over 20 runs in that car running sub 12.9 second passes and two of my best passes were 12.5. When I bought the car with just an intercooler and exhaust I was running 13.3s.

I think the car had a 12.3 in it, with better tyres, cooler night I possibly could have got a 12.3 in it.

And speaking of driving it 100 percent, I was getting 1.8 second 60 fts on my best runs. On 18s!!!!!!

Some GTRs only just get that.

The RB25 is just as capable as a Rb26 in my opinion. Just because it doesnt have a twin turbo manifold doesnt mean you cant get power easily.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far superior engine and you ran 12.5? My near stock R33 series 2 with a CATBACK exhaust, Cheap Highflow, Unknown Remap and 13 Psi ran a 12.5 at 116 mph. PLUS I did it on super low profile 18 inch street tyres not slicks like you have shown. RB POWER baby, and I drifted the shit outta it all the time too.

I think thats actually a GTT skyline with Widebody panels and the Ugly Blitz Fender kit. beleive me ive seen that in real life on a GTR and its one ugly peice of plastic.

If not that it could be a GTR that had the front end written off and motor damaged.

So you're running a high flow turbo (don't care how "cheap", that doesn't mean it works badly, usually just means it is less reliable) and his stock AUTO 1JZ did the same? You're trying to use that as a bad point about it? It's a stock engine, yours isn't.

Dan.

Edited by Sicarius123

how is my engine modified you idiot? Does it have forgies, cams or anything like that? NO.

To run a 12.5 itd have some sort of fuel computer, exhaust and intercooler. Supras dont lose traction anyway cos there such boats.

His engine may have been stock, but it has 1/2 a liter more displacement and another turbo.

Go back to the Neon and big stereo forums dickhead!!!

how is my engine modified you idiot? Does it have forgies, cams or anything like that? NO.

To run a 12.5 itd have some sort of fuel computer, exhaust and intercooler. Supras dont lose traction anyway cos there such boats.

His engine may have been stock, but it has 1/2 a liter more displacement and another turbo.

Go back to the Neon and big stereo forums dickhead!!!

Yea, I'm all into the neons and big stereo's. I love idiots in arguments, get them slightly cornered or point out something they've said wrong and they go straight onto the personal attacks, no matter how relavent or even factual they are. :dry::P

And boats? My Supra weighed 1414kg (weighbridge, not factory quoted) with my factory turbo's and intake manifold, which weigh a hell of a lot more than their replacements. Oh and it's a targa top, commonly known as the heavier Supra. R32GTR weighs 1550 and it just gets worse after that. I love how Skyline guys always have some attack at the weight of the Supra when they weigh over 100kg less than their hero car. Plus his car is a Skyline anyway! Not a Supra!

Now to get back to the point, we're talking about a 2JZ-GTE auto R31 Skyline vs an RB25-DET R33 Skyline. Nothing to do with Supra's, hell I'd almost be willing to bet money the engine actually came out of an Aristo.

He has stock twins, you have an aftermarket high flow turbo. Deal with it. Never said you had internal work done, although if you wanted to make any actual power out of an RB25 you'd have to.

Dan.

Edited by Sicarius123

1jz = 2.5lt twin turb stock, same shit ceramic turb

id like to see you bolt on 33 pull a 12.5... can i see you video with a mod list ?

im ont being a smartass, i own a s2 33t, id like to know whjat i need to get myself roughly there without going over 250kw

im htinking suspension + tyres + launch controlled foot + awsome tyres + quick shift + ... more than 250 kw ?

p.s. where'd you get a "cheap" hi-flow ? ive never heard of a "cheap" hi-flow unless its farked or close to it

hey dreamer

Ive told you my mods and I have been on these forums for over the last 4 years why would I talk crap.

I had 234 rwkw, Johnsons Performance Center (JPC turbocharging) In Melbourne Built me a High flowed turbo for $1200. Thats cheap. It had a ARC intercooler,Kakimoto catback, Nismo front pipe, stock dump pipe, Garage Kappatsu Rom (tuned for a HKS 2540),Xtreme 9 puck cushioned button plate clutch, Walbro Fuel pump and a HKS air pod that was IT. The tyres at the time were just Dunlop SP8000es. Super Low profile and quite bald.

I had Standard Series II suspension which was quite stiff, used to drift the car quite a bit and it was fine.

Knowing how to drive a car quick down the quater is essential. Some people get it and some people no matter how much there taught will never get it.

BTW goose - 1JZ VVTi is single turbo and its not the "same shit"

The RB25 is just as capable as a Rb26 in my opinion. Just because it doesnt have a twin turbo manifold doesnt mean you cant get power easily.
hey dreamer

Ive told you my mods and I have been on these forums for over the last 4 years why would I talk crap.

I had 234 rwkw, Johnsons Performance Center (JPC turbocharging) In Melbourne Built me a High flowed turbo for $1200. Thats cheap. It had a ARC intercooler,Kakimoto catback, Nismo front pipe, stock dump pipe, Garage Kappatsu Rom (tuned for a HKS 2540),Xtreme 9 puck cushioned button plate clutch, Walbro Fuel pump and a HKS air pod that was IT. The tyres at the time were just Dunlop SP8000es. Super Low profile and quite bald.

I had Standard Series II suspension which was quite stiff, used to drift the car quite a bit and it was fine.

Mate do your mods to a GTR and you will be well into the 11's in a way heavier car, so your opinion on the 2.5 being just as good is not valid,think about it every one like HKS or reece would build a 2.5 instead of a 2.6, f**k its cheaper but they dont do it because it is a inferior engine.

My opinion is stop being a dickhead and hijacking this thread not everything evolves around you or your car.

It's always interesting reading the jz VS rb debate on any forum.

Funny enough there are a few 900rwhp 2jz's with stock internal’s getting around in the USA these days... In fact I think anything from 700+ is getting pretty common. I'm sure Sicarius123 will no more then me on this, but isn't the stock internal record 1200rwhp for a 2jz? And it did more then once from memory.

I'd like to see any RB motor do that more then once. Same goes for the gearbox's, name one 8 seconded Skyline on its stock (gears not clutch) gearbox?

Either way, the jz motor’s are far superior out of the box then any rb. When you start pulling them down, I guess it becomes a mater of opinion, and how much money you have.

Mate do your mods to a GTR and you will be well into the 11's in a way heavier car, so your opinion on the 2.5 being just as good is not valid,think about it every one like HKS or reece would build a 2.5 instead of a 2.6, f**k its cheaper but they dont do it because it is a inferior engine.

My opinion is stop being a dickhead and hijacking this thread not everything evolves around you or your car.

Your a brainless moron. your post shows how ignorant you are.The RB25 is not an inferior engine to the RB26. The reason why HKS or Reece use rb26 is because there cars came with one.

There are plenty of 10 second RB25 GTS-T. in Australia, more out there than GTRs I know for certain. Plus easy 11s with my Mods? Yeah tool and its 4WD so its idiot Proof.

Would you care to explain why a 25 is so inferior? I suppose RB30s are inferior as well. Thats why they run 8 second passes as well with a single cam head.

why did this turn into a 2JZ vs the world pissing contest?

my opinions on the car this thread is actually about (incase anyone forgot), its a good idea, buts its been poorly executed.

if the base car was infact a GTR, then in my opinion, its a waste of both a GTR and an engine.

now to the agument at hand;

what engine is better is all a matter of personal opinion.

for me, its the RB26 in a GTR, i love the way they go.

but i can accept the fact that a 2JZ is infact better engineered than an RB series engine.

you can be throwing rods out the side of the block in an RB when a 2JZ will be quite happy making that power.

why dont HKS etc use the RB25? i dont know, and i dont care.

and if you wanna see a well engineered engine, Nissan VH41DE FTW :)

and to starion turbo;

this pointless argument has gone on long enough.

either post some time slips or stfu.