SAU Community

Do You Live Near Valley View And Have A R31 Or Kno Any One That Does?

Adz2332

The car you are talking about is Garth and Mel's, they are nice people.

If you stop by when they are home, they will let you have a look at the car as long as it is not at the wokshop.

just make sure you take your skyline as they love fellow line drivers.

Thanks

Shaun

It is kinda torquey and loves to be pushed. the handling is great and its a very smooth car... you feel like your in a cacoon when @ 180km/h. It can get to melbourne on a full tank of petrol i reckon, only downside is that tyre changes are mandatory every 12-15,000 kms. had it for 12,000 kms and needed a new set of rims cause the insides where worn to the metal (mitsus camber on the 380s for handling doesnt promote rubber longegivity you could say). This could aslo be the occasional cruise with my mates to mt. lofty. 1 VR Calais v8 beast (deceased last week), 1x Nissan Sil80 (since defected), and 1 380GT. i could keep up with the nissan around the corners almost, but couldnt keep up with the v8 or the sil80 down the line. (turbo and v8 beast)

yes i to have a 380, but a manual vrx....don't mind it really, had it at 190 the other week with ease before i had to stop...They handle quite well for a biggish car, mine torque steers a bit in the first 3 gears but its controllable!! I've done 20000kms in mine now, and apparently (haven't really looked myself) the front tyres are starting to get some noticable wear on them! Will have to suss that out l8r on me thinks!!

It is kinda torquey and loves to be pushed. the handling is great and its a very smooth car... you feel like your in a cacoon when @ 180km/h. It can get to melbourne on a full tank of petrol i reckon, only downside is that tyre changes are mandatory every 12-15,000 kms. had it for 12,000 kms and needed a new set of rims cause the insides where worn to the metal (mitsus camber on the 380s for handling doesnt promote rubber longegivity you could say). This could aslo be the occasional cruise with my mates to mt. lofty. 1 VR Calais v8 beast (deceased last week), 1x Nissan Sil80 (since defected), and 1 380GT. i could keep up with the nissan around the corners almost, but couldnt keep up with the v8 or the sil80 down the line. (turbo and v8 beast)

My other halfs brother works at Mitsi's and has had a lease since ~6-7years ago. So I've driven and thrashed the nackers out of all of them and felt the development through out the years.

I'm not familiar with the models etc.

The first 3.5ltr VRX 5speed I drove was quite a torque steering animal, the diff was VERY tight and would twin up everywhere, however it would torque steer very bad. After a drive through the hills it would leave you feeling like you've just had a big session at KartMania.

The next model was considerably softer, the diff would tend to open wheel but it was much easier to punch out of corners as a result.

The AWD magna... That was fun. The handling was awesome, much better than that of the fwd push push push magna. Foot flat U-Turns were interesting as were doing donuts in the wet. :miner:

The AWD I felt really was the best driving experience that inspired confidence, all though it did feel down on power due to the added weight I presume.

After that they were pretty much all the same, build quality improved some what until the 380 was released.

He now has a 380GT auto, it does have a lot more torque down low and through the mid range. It also feels a little more free reving. Overall I think it would go slightly better than the older VRX model but I have yet to drive the GT in 5speed flavor, torque steer is much improved however it can still bite you hard if accelerating moderately and you hit a pot hole without two hands on the steering wheel.

The 380 GT feels a little more boaty, not as firm through the corners as the old VRX but thats to be expected as its a GT spec, not so much a pure sports model.

The 380's do much much better burnouts. Handbreak on stab the throttle rev's through first quickly and clicks in to second, those factory tyres smoke up really really quickly, smoke begins to float out of the vents, let of the brake, spins for a little then drops back to first and screams as it peels off down the road erm... track. :laugh:

The fwd's always have me feeling a little nervous as I really don't like under steer, the skylines well mine at least tends to be very very neutral.

You will so much prefer that feel once you finally get your 33'. :)

My other halfs brother works at Mitsi's and has had a lease since ~6-7years ago. So I've driven and thrashed the nackers out of all of them and felt the development through out the years.

I'm not familiar with the models etc.

The first 3.5ltr VRX 5speed I drove was quite a torque steering animal, the diff was VERY tight and would twin up everywhere, however it would torque steer very bad. After a drive through the hills it would leave you feeling like you've just had a big session at KartMania.

The next model was considerably softer, the diff would tend to open wheel but it was much easier to punch out of corners as a result.

The AWD magna... That was fun. The handling was awesome, much better than that of the fwd push push push magna. Foot flat U-Turns were interesting as were doing donuts in the wet. :happy:

The AWD I felt really was the best driving experience that inspired confidence, all though it did feel down on power due to the added weight I presume.

After that they were pretty much all the same, build quality improved some what until the 380 was released.

He now has a 380GT auto, it does have a lot more torque down low and through the mid range. It also feels a little more free reving. Overall I think it would go slightly better than the older VRX model but I have yet to drive the GT in 5speed flavor, torque steer is much improved however it can still bite you hard if accelerating moderately and you hit a pot hole without two hands on the steering wheel.

The 380 GT feels a little more boaty, not as firm through the corners as the old VRX but thats to be expected as its a GT spec, not so much a pure sports model.

The 380's do much much better burnouts. Handbreak on stab the throttle rev's through first quickly and clicks in to second, those factory tyres smoke up really really quickly, smoke begins to float out of the vents, let of the brake, spins for a little then drops back to first and screams as it peels off down the road erm... track. :P

The fwd's always have me feeling a little nervous as I really don't like under steer, the skylines well mine at least tends to be very very neutral.

You will so much prefer that feel once you finally get your 33'. :)

Only one problem with that...The GT's don't come in manual, only auto!! The VRX is as high as you can go in a manual car!!!

My father works @ mitsi so i can get lease cars through him...I've had a ES magna wagon (quite boring but a good car to get from a to b in), an AWD VRX sedan...Hell of a car, hell traction, won't even spin up on dirt, though didn't try any ringies in the wet...Had a VRX lancer wagon after that....Handled well, went no where!!! Was pretty gadgety with the gear shift buttons on the steering wheel but, was good fun!! Now onto the manaul vrx 380, and next an automatic vrx!!

Still not as good fun to punt through the hills as the skyline, but for what they are they are quite good and fun cars!!