SAU Community

Hks Gt2530 Core

hey guys,

as the topic states I have a HKS GT2530-63T (446179-21) which has had the rear bearing let go.

it is rebuildable for someone who can be bothered/has the money.

*dont know what its worth so shoot us an offer to pm and we can go from there.

post-20890-1173409830.jpg

EDIT: had a few offers at 200, which sounds fairly reasonable, but no one commiting. so put the money down and you'll snap it up.

post-20890-1173409852.jpg

I also have the compressor cover to suit.

it is the slip on inlet/outlet stlye as opposed to the flanged option.

*dont know a price on this either so again just shoot me an offer.

a BRAND NEW t28 turbine housing to suit is also available (sold pending payment)

post-20890-1173409841.jpg

I also have an adjustable wastegate actuator and braket for sale from a brand new garrett turbo

will suit garrett/hks internally gated turbos.

absolutely brand new garrett item, never used. sold

cheers lads.

Edited by rb20inside

hey guys,

as the topic states I have a HKS GT2530-63T (446179-21) which has had the rear bearing let go.

it is easily rebuildable for someone who can be bothered/has the money.

dont know what its worth so shoot us an offer to pm and we can go from there.

I also have the compressor cover to suit.

it is the slip on inlet/outlet stlye as opposed to the flanged option.

also just shoot me an offer.

cheers lads.

just thought i'd remind u before the mods get on ur case...as per forum rules u do need to set a price.

pics would help too.

i dont have a clue what it is worth.

is there any precedent? have any similar items been sold?

i could say $1000 but that's stupidly high so what's the point.

throw me an offer and the worse i can say is no.

i'll try borrow a camera and take some photos but i'm sure everyone has seen a turbo before.

We really really need to see pics of this . As has been mentioned before the only unique parts of a HKS GT2530 (minus the turbine housing) are its compressor wheel - and I suppose the compressor housing but only because it was profiled by Garrett and has accurate clearance on the comp wheel vanes .

Like any other turbo centre section the GT BB type have "consumable" parts of which the bearing housing is one . This is because the turbine end has a piston ring style seal running in a groove machined into the bearing housing itself . When the rear end bearing gets tired the shaft wants to orbit instead or running concentric the piston ring wants to bottom out/revolve and chew out the bearing housing grove . You should really look at the turbine blade tips to see if it has rubbed , they are well made to withstand heat and centrifugal forces but have minimum material out at the tips to reduce innertia so dont take kindly to kissing its housing at 130000 + rpm .

I'd reckon a "rebuild" would consist of obtaining another GT2860R cartridge and fitting / balancing the assembly , bolt the compressor housing on and it becomes a "2530" .

So the value is really in the compressor wheel/housing combination (provided they did not touch) because there is a good chance the rest is used up .

Cheers A .

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no turbo guru so i don't know what is involved in rebuilding. I havn't had any quotes done

There is a slight change in gradient on the very tip of the turbine wheel blades and seeing as it was the rear bearing that let go I'd say maybe the rear wheel has touched?

actuator is a brand new garrett adjustable one. will definitely suit garret or hks turbos. dont know about vg30... and havn't got one to check it with

Edited by rb20inside

We really really need to see pics of this . As has been mentioned before the only unique parts of a HKS GT2530 (minus the turbine housing) are its compressor wheel - and I suppose the compressor housing but only because it was profiled by Garrett and has accurate clearance on the comp wheel vanes .

Like any other turbo centre section the GT BB type have "consumable" parts of which the bearing housing is one . This is because the turbine end has a piston ring style seal running in a groove machined into the bearing housing itself . When the rear end bearing gets tired the shaft wants to orbit instead or running concentric the piston ring wants to bottom out/revolve and chew out the bearing housing grove . You should really look at the turbine blade tips to see if it has rubbed , they are well made to withstand heat and centrifugal forces but have minimum material out at the tips to reduce innertia so dont take kindly to kissing its housing at 130000 + rpm .

I'd reckon a "rebuild" would consist of obtaining another GT2860R cartridge and fitting / balancing the assembly , bolt the compressor housing on and it becomes a "2530" .

So the value is really in the compressor wheel/housing combination (provided they did not touch) because there is a good chance the rest is used up .

Cheers A .

Can someone put all this in plain simple english??

Only things that I'd like to know ...in simple yes/no fashion

1. is this going to be an expensive rebuild (i.e: costing more than a grand)?

2. Is there any performance gain over the stock gts-t turbo?

3. is it a direct bolt on for an rb25det?

:D

here I go on the 20 questions to the best of my knowledge:

* actuator came with brand new garrett turbo and I have no use for it

* turbo was on an rb20det. it was insane fun to drive, as many others who have experienced will verify. read the sticky thread.

* it will bolt up to the rb20/25 but as stated it will require the oil and water lines to make it work. i have the oil feed and return lines but they are being used on my car and not included in this. I had water lines made up at pirtek to suit the application.

* i'll try to borrow a camera and take some pictures and attempt to load them up but i'm not a real computer guru so i'll enlist the assistance of my more technologically minded mates (aka. computer geeks)

off the topic but, if anyone knows of any/could keep an eye out for any s14/15 front hubs as stated in my sig.

cheers, CR

Edited by rb20inside

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers A .

I've just been through all this,,,,,,If the turbine has touched the housing you can kiss the reco goodbye. yeah and bearing tracks, check them. P.S if anybody knows someone that has a Gt2530 cartrage new, i'm interested.

• 1 month later...