SAU Community

airbag+hicas steering wheel in 95 r33 removal

ok i wanna remove it and put a momo wheel on, the jet style in particular, firstly i know i need the hicas kit but i want to know if i need the hicas+arbag boss kit as if im removing the airbag then i wont need one is that true? i want to do this properly so that there's pretty much no trace of an airbag in my car, also just say i need the hicas + airbag boss kit and i remove the airbag and install the new wheel with the boss kit, is there anything else like sensors that the airbag has that i need to remove ? and wwith the airbag+hicas boss kit does that mean i dont need to remove the light for the airbag light ? as that should mean it disables the airbag true ? and also what do i do withy the 'link' wire on the back of the dash circuit board that runs across it form one point to another which both say 'air bag' on the PCB

cheers

hmm , i ve got the same problem, right ive just imported , another GTst this one has a after market steering wheel, and because the law says we have 2 run in MHP , i had 2 take dash off , and chip speedo 2 run in mph " still does not work " but i digress, any way the hicas on it is also disconected and it has a aftermarket comp, wonders why !! the air bag light is always on as well , i decided not 2 disconect the the 2 wires 2 it , u never know , so all i did was pull the light out , and stick some tape over it , this car is straight out of japan !! hope this kindo of helps

Guest INASNT

u can get a jap import boss kit hub from http://www.autospeed.com which will enable u to remove the airbag and use an aftermarket steering wheel, and will disable the airbag.

But its illegal in Aus to remove the drives airbag of a car that came out factory with airbags. Butttt who gives a shit really about the laws right? :mad:

hehe true, but i have heard people who remove the wire for the light get away with it coz there is no ebvidencew of an airbag

io managed to get a hicas boss kit for $90 which is about the price of a standard boss kit :D:D:D so my hicas will be cool just the airbag light will come on if i remove the airbag so if thats the case i will just remove the light...

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by DJ_L3ThAL

hehe true, but i have heard people who remove the wire for the light get away with it coz there is no ebvidencew of an airbag

io managed to get a hicas boss kit for $90 which is about the price of a standard boss kit :rolleyes::D:D so my hicas will be cool just the airbag light will come on if i remove the airbag so if thats the case i will just remove the light...

yep u have to take the airbag bulb out

any way , this is the translation of central 20 ecu thing

Super computer modification place / fuel program, ignition program, speed limiter, boost limiter and rotary limiter.

Either comfort and durability do not lose simultaneously with the pursuit of the high performance.

Please inquire the model other than original computer setting which makes

such a higher-order original ideal actualize, to the staff. When there is no trade-in,

XXYEN 68, it becomes the 000UP. Being to be a model where computer unit differs

before / after the ???????? note. The setting chart is boost rise specification.

When there is modification in the engine and the turbine et cetera, consultation to the staff.

i have some questions which may seem stupid...

i have an s13 with the srs airbag, it looks exactly the same as the skyline 33 gtst one. i recently bought a nardi wheel and need a boss for it.

will the skyline airbag boss fit my car then?

also is the hicas boss different to the airbag boss?

thanx

regards

kuro:)

• 2 months later...
i have some questions which may seem stupid...  

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

I could be wrong but I don't think a Skyline boss will fit an S13. I just purchased a boss kit which will hopefully fit my 33 GTR while in Japan (try translating the product book from Jap to English, not good) and judging by the number of different kits there is a pretty good chance the S13 is different to the Skyline kit(s).

In response to your question and this thread in general, I don't know if Autobarn/Supercheap sell them but if so, they should have a book listing what kit suits what car.

Does anyone know how to remove the airbag wheel without setting off the airbag? When having the immobiliser fitted, the guys were saying to stay away from the yellow wire behind the dash as cutting that will set off the airbag. If so, wouldn't unplugging it do the same thing?

Any help appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

esski-whatever... airbag's where an OPTION in 95 skylines... there is no way a police man can find olut if my car had an airbag form factory unless somehow they fgo to the dealer in japan where my car weas sold and find out what it was

as far as wrapping around poles goes, i never drive stupid in my skyline on the roads, maybe a bit faster than speed limits but i have never 'drifted' or dun a doughy or anything like that as im not interested in that form of driving, and who's to say the airbag works p[erfectly ? the things that happen to these cars in japan is unbelievable at times... how do i know it would work ? if it goes off a split second later the AIRBAG could kill me.... but anyways thanks for wasting me time with that long post...

i have now removed the aftermarket wheel , and fitted one out of a primera , just for legislation , purposes , i however have a problem , there are 2 conector blocks , one is brown , one is white , would any one know which wire , on which block is the live for the horn ?

I have a related question and don't want to make a new post about it (whore alert ;))..

I have the same optioned SRS airbad steering wheel on my '95 S1 baby... And I want to take it off to check the HICAS sensor and put it back on after I'm finished. And I DON'T want to set the airbag off in the process. So what's the best way of doing this? I've never removed an airbag wheel before and I'm a little paranoid..

There is a plug at the bottom of the steering wheel. If you disconnect this, the airbag won't go off.

Just disconnecting the battery might not do it as airbags have compacitors in them which will hold the charge incase the battery is destroyed in an accident.