SAU Community

How Far on a Tank

Spiderman

BP 98 does smell nicer with the exhaust

as well as giving a noticable touch more kick in my car

than the Optimax which seems better suited to low revving V8's than high revving turbo six since the BP98 has a lower specific gravity. Perhaps a finer mist, for a quicker burn, with a slightly higher octane preventing premature ignition and knock.

My test drives done with the standard s2 computer.

- I'm picking up a Microtech LTX12 auto computer tomorrow or on the weekend, will be tuned to BP98.

i have got 480km out of a full tank, but i filled up as soon as the fuel light came on at 480. it seems to sit on E for ages then finally the fuel light comes on. on this tank, it's been all city driving, and fairly hard driving some of it, including 6 runs at the motorplex (drags).. and ive so far got 450 km out of this tank, and the fuel light hasn't come on yet, but it's sitting on E :D only engine mod i have is catback exhaust

Well I get anywhere between 525 and 575 depending on the number of Comondoors that I have to put in their places!!!

That is an average of 10L/100kms

Best 8.6L/100kms (Recent trip to Batemans Bay)

Worst 26L/100kms - Team Track Day!

I use Optimax.

Hope this helps.

I get about 13-15L/100kms which is not bad for city driving plus the fact that I always keep my tank full. I have to keep it full because it's bad for your injectors to run the tank right down low plus without a working fuel gauge I need to play it safe.

i just ran my first entire tank, i got 509K's and i even did some boosting! :P an excel with a full body kit (tried to race me) very funny i had him after the launch, then in 2nd and 3rd :( he had done a turbo conversion on it.

The BEST I ever got was 450.. that was driving at ~ 120km per hour for the whole tank (from brisbane to melbourne)...

the WORST I ever got was 140km... that was some very hard driving :O

After changing my fuel filter, I am now getting about 400 a tank, which is fanging it for the 1st half, then realising i have no money, so taking it easy on the 2nd half..

Btw, my car runs 8psi to 4500rpm and 10psi over that.. has pod, ecu and zorst (173rwkw). It also has a higher ratio diff, which I would think would be the main factor in my shit fuel economy (100km/h in 5th is 3100rpm.. compared to std of 2700 rpm)

edit: thats using BP Ultimate (always) and I usually fill about 55-60l.

i get approx 100km per quarter or per bar... though it seems the first bar lasts longer usually 150 and second, third goes quicker only 50kms and the fourth last long too but usually averages 400kms. just running shell optimax. it was a killer when petrol prices was high...

also i guess it depends on wat mods u got on ur car... high boost low boost... how big ur zorst is, how ur ecu is tuned etc etc...

according to my trip computer thingy mine is burning about 14.8L/100km ... thats been measured over the last 750km or there abouts. I commute from home to the city each day basically.

My car's baiscally stock.. mabye i should get it tuned or something...