SAU Community

Stock N/A R32

Whats the performance figures for the stock RB20DE in a R32?

reasons for this enquirory... i cant insure a turbo car!

any info you guys can give me on prices would help too!

what prices am i looking at for a N/A R32 and whats the diferances for a turbo?

and if you guys think a N/A 32 is a complete wast of a car???

Wait until you can insure a turbo as you will be well dissapointed with a NA R32 + you'll get wasted and raced by every turbo car around! That will make you feel inadequate, possibly leading to life long implications...

Seriously, look for something else or wait! Sorry for the bad news.

Maybe an old ET Turbo to thrash around might be the Key...look at FUL11, mid 12 sec 1/4 miles...not bad for 5K buy and about 5k spend. Put in a good alarm and don't worry about full comp insurance.

I have contemplated buying an old ET and spending 5k on it to cut it up but I like the style and chick pulling ability of the Line + the luxury fittings...

Why is everyone obsessed with power? Ok, sure it's good to have more power, but just because a car doesn't have a turbo on it doesn't mean it's crap.

An R32 GTS of the same year make as a V6 Commodore or Falcon will still be faster, and have similar features to a Berlina or Fairmont. This includes power windows, climate control, etc.

If I got given the choice between a '92 NA R32 or a '92 Berlina or Fairmont, I would take the R32.

I don't see any problem with getting a non-turbo Skyline to tide you over until you can afford the insurance on the turbo version.

If you want something a little different, have you considered a non-turbo GTS-4? When the time comes, just do an RB26 conversion and you've got yourself 90% of a GTR.

Guest Boxhead

firstly i had an r32 rb20de n/a....

yes it wasnt that fast, but it still looked like a skyline, and had the creature comforts of a skyline....

i think its becoming to the poiint that if you street race anyone your car will be comfiscated if your caught by the poilice anyway,

and you dont wantthat, so if anyone trys to race you, just say, i dont race unless its on teh track...

I had an NA 32, it rocked. The best fun I had ever was thrashing the ring out of it on the skidpan. Then I turboed it and had some more fun.

Actually the guy who bought it off me is looking to sell it cheap if you're interested...

Originally posted by T0nyGTSt

And what do you drive kind sir?

T.

Irrelevant. If I couldn't afford the insurance on a turbo Skyline I wouldn't think twice about owning an NA one in preference to a V6 Commodore.

Look at what Kaige said originally, he can't get the insurance. I'm not saying I prefer a less powerful car, I'm just saying that people tend to forget the other great features of Skylines (R32 and onwards anyway) which put them above other similar non-turbo cars.

I have a R32 GTS25... It's non turbo and goes bloody well (0 - 100 in 7 secs)... If you can find one over here, I definately recomend it (I purchased mine when I lived in NZ)

So was your car originaly made with a RB25DE?

or has somone put that in?

thanks for your reply's guys!!!

Idefinatly agree that any skyline including my current R31 TI pisses on any comador even up to the standard VS, they drive and handle like shit. I have put a silo LSD, monrow GT gas shocks, 1st stage lowers springs, power steering pump, rack, uni joints + cold air intake on a k&n pod with a bashed up CAT and 2 1/2 inch sustem. its an auto and pulls a mid 8 sec 0-100 hitting rev limiter :D

with the decent tires i have i can not beleive how well it handles for a family sedan, little own its steering responsivness.

BTW im selling this car pm me for details :D

But i would like somthing looking abit more attractive, somthing that wont cost me alot of money to keep, ive already done the whole rear calipers + overhauld the front and new pads and the car has only done 190,000 km!

Have you considered something like this R31 GTS-X? That particular one is almost fully stock, you could take all your nice suspension bits off your current car and put them on the new one. Since it's so cheap you could get away with third party property damage insurance.

i got an n/a r32, which did 87rwkw on the dyno without any tuning (or a service lol it had done 4800km since its last service). I think i'd get more if I had service it.

I do have larger fujitsubo headers and a 2.5" exhaust system including a 3" cat (or hi flo as ppl call it).

Its cool, it looks the business, I dun drag ppl (unless its all rice).

It costs me $1500 to insure per year on rating 5, last year i was on rating 6 and cost me 2300.

Buyin an R32 GTS (or even a GTS-t) has become and expensive business as compliance plates are rare as and start at $4500 now, where they used to be $2000 before March.

I'm sellin it, if you're interested gimme a buzz. If u'r in melbz and are interested in seein how it goes, gimme a buzz and I'll let u have a drive so u can see for yourself instead of listening to sum1 else's opinion.

I'm plannin on sellin for $14k with a service and a repaint (fix up a couple of small dents due to shopping trolleys and bad reverse parkers).

The reason I'm selling... well I'm gettin a GTR :)