SAU Community

door lock

Guest greghux

Guest greghux

Problem with the drivers side doorlock on 89 skyline. Locks OK but can't unlock it with the key. Have to jump in passenger side and open with handle (can't lift the button).

Anyone had this problem and know how to fix it???

i did have this problem on the passenger side. pulled off the door panel and straightened the wire etc. worked fine after that. it became that way cos sum idiot mechanic while replacing a window winder bent the wire to the lock and it just didnt want to open the lock

Guest greghux

Reckon your on the right track - I had just fixed my wiindow which had fallen out of its groove in the winder mechanism. Thought I might have done something along the lines you suggested so took the trim off again and looked for some bent links but couldn't see any (definitely the one to the lock isn't bent). Could you be more specific?

im not so certain as it was a while ago, i forget what the inside of the door looks like. i know i fiddled around heaps and got it to work, i guess with older cars it just happens. Ur unlucky cos its on the driver side, mine was on the passenger side. I cant really be more specific sorry mate