SAU Community

Nissan Skyline V35

I'm also thinking of purchasing a v35 and was wondering more about how hard parts are to get.

It has the same engine as the 350z so for servicing/repairs can parts be bought from nissan?

Also with the ones that come with the tv screen, anyone know how hard it is to convert it to work here?

I'm also thinking of purchasing a v35 and was wondering more about how hard parts are to get.

It has the same engine as the 350z so for servicing/repairs can parts be bought from nissan?

Also with the ones that come with the tv screen, anyone know how hard it is to convert it to work here?

ya, exatcly how similer it to the 350Z...interms of sharing platforms / engine and so forth......

• 2 weeks later...

i just joined this forum. i have a 2006 350GT manual coupe arriving in March to NZ. They look awesome with kits. goto www.g35driver.com and look at the Picture Share forum, or view the thread called "Hot G Summer Pics" -Mike

The V35's are a different class of car to it's predecessors. They may still share the Skyline name, but where as the previous series skyines were turbo animals with a roaring straight 6, overall the V35 is more refined and more of a larger sports touring cruiser type car. The engine being of larger capacity is torquey and smooth, and the car overall is quite large and solid. IMO they're really nice, but, like I've said they're in a different class compared to the older model Skylines.

It comes down to what you want out of a car, and how much you're willing to spend on it.

v35s are awesome vehicles and to my knowledge there are 11 different models. Thanks to nissan fast many of the parts are easy to get hold of and are shared with other vehicles in the nissan range.

The V35 is indeed in a different class and a great progression if you ask me (or any other v35 owner).

Some of them can look very plain in stock form (in paticular the 250/300 4 doors) but with some bigger rims/ kit the car transforms. I was lucky enough to get the factory aero bodykit otherwise I was going for the wald kit (fantastic kit and now available in brisbane).

Also, any parts that fit a g35 will fit a v35 (which can help when looking for some performance parts).

But there are plenty of aftermarket performance parts available from japan...you just have to search (which is half the fun). My next purchase will be some tein coilovers for my gt-8.

As for the TV...I've searched and searched and I keep getting told it can't be done. Though I recently heard about some local guy who has vision through the screen but I'm not sure if its the stock tv but I'll be checking it next week. You can get the screen to play a picture but you require a box from the states that converts the nav connection to rcas.

I've got a dvd headunit and just went through this process

Edited by kleenbeats

v35s are awesome vehicles and to my knowledge there are 11 different models. Thanks to nissan fast many of the parts are easy to get hold of and are shared with other vehicles in the nissan range.

The V35 is indeed in a different class and a great progression if you ask me (or any other v35 owner).

Some of them can look very plain in stock form (in paticular the 250/300 4 doors) but with some bigger rims/ kit the car transforms. I was lucky enough to get the factory aero bodykit otherwise I was going for the wald kit (fantastic kit and now available in brisbane).

Also, any parts that fit a g35 will fit a v35 (which can help when looking for some performance parts).

But there are plenty of aftermarket performance parts available from japan...you just have to search (which is half the fun). My next purchase will be some tein coilovers for my gt-8.

As for the TV...I've searched and searched and I keep getting told it can't be done. Though I recently heard about some local guy who has vision through the screen but I'm not sure if its the stock tv but I'll be checking it next week. You can get the screen to play a picture but you require a box from the states that converts the nav connection to rcas.

I've got a dvd headunit and just went through this process

SO....can you use the DVD navigation system here with AUS maps or we can not

I don't think so.

I meet the same problem Want to use GPS in AUs with the JAP GPS unit on. But i Failed.

The audio guy give me w options:

1, Install a VDO unit in the "up-grovebox",and use the Stock screen to display, use the remote to control.

That cost me 1700, Consider I already get a TOM TOM G710 for $900, I just drop the option.

2, Install a DVD player in the "ip-grovebox", use the screen to display DVD film. ETC, that also need a lot of work because the screen seems in RGB input. That cost me about $800 with a S**T Brand unit.

I think this is what kleenbeats DID.

The result is : I give up.

What I am trying to do IS: Disconnect the TV unit , Used it harness to get a set of AV input.

Does any have any experience on that or anyone can get the Harness Manual for the audio syetem???

Please help me.

I Guess every one are looking for this things.

Edited by Frank350GT

I don't think so.

I meet the same problem Want to use GPS in AUs with the JAP GPS unit on. But i Failed.

The audio guy give me w options:

1, Install a VDO unit in the "up-grovebox",and use the Stock screen to display, use the remote to control.

That cost me 1700, Consider I already get a TOM TOM G710 for $900, I just drop the option.

2, Install a DVD player in the "ip-grovebox", use the screen to display DVD film. ETC, that also need a lot of work because the screen seems in RGB input. That cost me about $800 with a S**T Brand unit.

I think this is what kleenbeats DID.

The result is : I give up.

What I am trying to do IS: Disconnect the TV unit , Used it harness to get a set of AV input.

Does any have any experience on that or anyone can get the Harness Manual for the audio syetem???

Please help me.

I Guess every one are looking for this things.

Give international motor group on parramatta road in Sydney a call. They advertise in Unique Cars as well if you need the phone number. I bought mine off them over a year ago and they said they would have the TV and NAV all sorted in a couple of months. So based on that conversation they should have had a working version for almost a year.