SAU Community

Learners Licence

rSrkt_

Does anyone here know the penalties of being caught driving on your own when you are on your L's?

I have been driving my charade a bit getting it ready for the big trip to the coast.. like driving it to n fro the mechanics and brake guys...

I drive without any plates at all, drive sensibly and am in a 83 charade so i dont attract to much attention.

Edit: i guess i said that wrong, I WAS driving my car for the past 2 days to get it up and running for a trip to the coast me and my mates are going on. Im not asking becasue i am still driving i was just wonder what risk i took.

Edited by rSrkt_

ever heard of tow trucks to take it places or mobile mechanics?

youare a fool for driving if you get caught youwill lose your learners and not be able to apply again for 12months well thats how it is in the west and i think eastern states are even harder

k, i have to get it fixed, dads at work no one else can take it.

no more 'idiot' flame posts kthx

ok, you come onto a performance car forum,

which really doesnt tolerate stupid behaviour on the road,

admit that youre driving on your l's without supervision,

and expect not to get flamed?

:)

maybe 'idiot' is the wrong word to use...

Does anyone here know the penalties of being caught driving on your own when you are on your L's?

I have been driving my charade a bit getting it ready for the big trip to the coast.. like driving it to n fro the mechanics and brake guys...

I drive without any plates at all, drive sensibly and am in a 83 charade so i dont attract to much attention.

probably best not to risk it man. A random check from the cops while ur on the roads is all it takes for you to get in trouble. Was stopped when I was driving my mums camira back a few years ago (was on my p's) - wasnt speeding or doing any dodgey shit - but the cops stopped me and said "just a random breath test and check" or something like that. They did the whole test - checked the car, had a bit of a chat. So yeah, best not to risk it.

ever heard of tow trucks to take it places or mobile mechanics?

Dont have the money for that

This is all i wanted to know..

12months well thats how it is in the west and i think eastern states are even harder

Just wanted to know what risk i was running them 2 days, its not like i do it all the time, only the once to get the car ready for the trip.

Cheers emsta for your reply.

Rest of yas chill, im not a f**kwit teen that wants to speed, drift on the public streets and all that, just had to get it done. wether or not you think the way i did it was wrong, it was all i could do under my circumstances.

Edited by rSrkt_

All these guys are too mature here mait, i say keep driving just get some plates, the fine is pretty soft if u get cought, but get some plates i drove on my l's for ages. The fine is QLD is $130 im sure its pretty similar all around.

If you want to do it mait do it, its not a big deal but u r an idiot for not having plates lol.

The reason i didnt run my plates for the 2 days was because of all the comotion goin on about the drags, and the police cracking down on P platers, i didnt want to attract any attention to myself.

24 days i go for my P's anywai, shall be good.

Edited by rSrkt_

any cop travels behind u long enough to run ur plates will figure out you dont have a license...much more riskier than you think. most of the time they come up with nothing (for the average car) so have no need to pull you over

i only had to travel 4km to RTA to get rego renewed after it ran out, and cops picked up that i was out of rego after about 20s of following me (luckily i was going to rta right then to get rego renewed, which is ok)...thats the first time ive been pulled over in years

seriously mate,

comparing driving without a licence to speeding and drifting on the street?

youre on your l's for cryin out loud.

surely your dad doesnt work 24/7 or you have some licenced mates that can sit in the passenger seat while you run around doin your thing.

surely your dad doesnt work 24/7 or you have some licenced mates that can sit in the passenger seat while you run around doin your thing.

Nah, we live outa town and all my mates live on the other side, near my mums house. I only live here with my dad and he works the same hours as the mechanics but no where near them.

The reason i didnt run my plates for the 2 days was because of all the comotion goin on about the drags, and the police cracking down on P platers, i didnt want to attract any attention to myself.

24 days i go for my P's anywai, shall be good.

OH sorry brom i though u ment registration plates lol my bad, nah dont put those plates on. THe only huge risk your taking is crashing the car into another car, beacuse no insurance will cover that, that was the biggest worry for me, apart from that go for it lol. Just remeber a car accident can be worth thousands and if you hit somebody on your l's then no lawyer in the world will save u.