SAU Community

Calling All R34 Gtt Owners

17SOK

I have been speaking to Plazmaman about their vehicle specific plenums as I want one for my 34...

The only problem is that they need a donor car for 4-6 weeks in order to design and manufacture one that measures up to their standards.

I would do this myself, but as I live in Brisbane, it is not physically possible. It is with this in mind that I'm canvassing interest for someone in Sydney to leave their car with Plazmaman so that all 34 owners can benefit from your generosity :laugh:

To offset the inconvenience of not having your car for that period of time, Alex from Plazmaman advised that they are prepared to offer the plenum to the person who leaves their car with them, at half the recommended retail price ($1195 approx.)... so you'd look at paying around $600 instead! Please note: this deal will only apply to the person who gets in first and agrees to leave their car with them.

Being Sydneysiders you would no doubt be aware of the quality of work that comes out of Plazmaman and the R&D that goes into their products and also the dyno/race proven results.

If you are interested, please contact Alex at Plazmaman by email at: [email protected]

Web address for product info (this page is a R33 specific plenum): http://www.plazmaman.com/shop/index.php?ac...m&itemId=17

Just in case anyone was wondering, I don't gain anything out of this except the opportunity to purchase one of the plenums when they become available.

Cheers.

From what Plazmaman were saying that time won't all be for dynoing - they need to take quite a bit of time to make sure everything fits where it should. I understand that they would use the R33 plenum as a guide (as they have already put r&d time into that design) but needs some tweaking to fit in a 34 engine bay.

Satanic - I'm sure they wouldn't mind you contacting them for more info regarding what's involved in testing. Unfortunately I didn't go into much detail about that side of things due to me not being able to use my own car.

Ahh nice work chris!! :DD

And thank you Plazmaman! :yes: checking out site now, *added to my to buy list :(

I can see what people are saying, and they have a point, But you gotta bring something to the table, so say, if there is enough potential orders, then possibily the test R34 owner could get a free one. As a business, i doubt they are in the business of loosing money.

So if i was an R34 owner i would definently be signing up to the list. of potiential buyers. And benifiting from one of those plenums.

Just a thought. :D

Edited by silverbulletR33

Business pays the r&d then takes the reward.

How bout trying to falk out 2 million $$$ + in equiptment and 12 years of 16 + hours a day 7 days a week with no life , so that you guys can have a top notch product on your vehicles and enjoy yourselfs -- SURE IS A GREAT REWARD .

How bout trying to falk out 2 million $$$ + in equiptment and 12 years of 16 + hours a day 7 days a week with no life , so that you guys can have a top notch product on your vehicles and enjoy yourselfs -- SURE IS A GREAT REWARD .

i understand and appreciate how much work goes into developing such a product!

if i had a r34 i would donate it! u dont need an r 32 do u? lol

Satanic - Here is a bit more info that I received from Alex yesterday...

"These products take some 200 + hours to develop and we only want to recover material costs ( alloy , machining , silicone and clamps etc ), with no labour charges, which includes all new intercooler plumbing as well. We only do approx 5 - 10 dyno runs right at the end to double check our work. Remember - Good things take time - The rest comes from China :) "

man if only you posted this a month earlier I would have donated it.... had the car sitting at home doing nothing for past 3 months!!! but too late now as I'm getting license back on friday.

I've been in comms with Alex @ Plazmaman regarding this matter... friendly guy, very professional. I hit him with numerous questions and he addressed each one without avoidance.

However, there is some sad news - I believe the extract below will explain everything. You can probably piece together all the questions that I asked him.

We have decided to can this project due to the attitudes of some of the forum members ..The deal would involve a full plenum install including piping and 5 - 10 dyno runs at the end of it all . Injectors and throttle body remain . Dyno next door and premises is protected by shot gun . Engineers work on all cars - no apprentices , hence no damage . All our work has full factory guarantee with not one come back in over 12 years .

"We have decided to can this project due to the attitudes of some of the forum members ..The deal would involve a full plenum install including piping and 5 - 10 dyno runs at the end of it all . Injectors and throttle body remain . Dyno next door and premises is protected by shot gun . Engineers work on all cars - no apprentices , hence no damage . All our work has full factory guarantee with not one come back in over 12 years ."

Get stuffed you sook Alex.

RRP $1195 minus $600 "to recover material costs ( alloy , machining , silicone and clamps etc )" = $595 to cover labour and $2mil in equipment. You were going to have to sell over 3300 and work for free just to cover your costs.

Don't go blaming the "attitudes of some forums members" for not going ahead with it when that's not the real reason why. If there was money to be made you would do it. I'm assuming that unluckily for us R34 owners it's just not commercially viable to do this. Whether that's because of the disparity in wage costs and regulatory regimes between our country nd others or because the market is too small (remember a lot less R34's were made than R33's) doesn't really matter I suppose.

For some people and projects the cost of an item is a consideration that comes way down the list but for most people it's right up near the top.

It's sad that someone like yourself, who is at the top of his game, struggles to make money, if that's what you're alluding to. I completely understand and sympathise. BUT; if the reason you work "12 years of 16 + hours a day 7 days a week with no life" is because you are making good money and don't know how to put your tools down then go and cry into someone elses beer.

You get two things from work. Job satisfaction and money. If you don't get enough of either do something else. I'm guessing that you enjoy what you do? Plenty of people around here are jealous.

Sorry if I'm being harsh but "some forum members" appears to include me.

"We have decided to can this project due to the attitudes of some of the forum members ..The deal would involve a full plenum install including piping and 5 - 10 dyno runs at the end of it all . Injectors and throttle body remain . Dyno next door and premises is protected by shot gun . Engineers work on all cars - no apprentices , hence no damage . All our work has full factory guarantee with not one come back in over 12 years ."

Get stuffed you sook Alex.

RRP $1195 minus $600 "to recover material costs ( alloy , machining , silicone and clamps etc )" = $595 to cover labour and $2mil in equipment. You were going to have to sell over 3300 and work for free just to cover your costs.

Don't go blaming the "attitudes of some forums members" for not going ahead with it when that's not the real reason why. If there was money to be made you would do it. I'm assuming that unluckily for us R34 owners it's just not commercially viable to do this. Whether that's because of the disparity in wage costs and regulatory regimes between our country nd others or because the market is too small (remember a lot less R34's were made than R33's) doesn't really matter I suppose.

For some people and projects the cost of an item is a consideration that comes way down the list but for most people it's right up near the top.

It's sad that someone like yourself, who is at the top of his game, struggles to make money, if that's what you're alluding to. I completely understand and sympathise. BUT; if the reason you work "12 years of 16 + hours a day 7 days a week with no life" is because you are making good money and don't know how to put your tools down then go and cry into someone elses beer.

You get two things from work. Job satisfaction and money. If you don't get enough of either do something else. I'm guessing that you enjoy what you do? Plenty of people around here are jealous.

Sorry if I'm being harsh but "some forum members" appears to include me.

This one bites hard .