SAU Community

Apexi Pfc Boost Control Problems

Robo's

ok well there is the first problem

if the boost display isnt correct then you have very little hope of controlling it correctly, other than guesstimation. what is the part no# on the map sensor?

it sounds like you may have a different rated map sensor

Paul

I will look tonight, but if i remember i couldnt locate the part number. I'll check. When i initially hooked it up, i had no problems, at least i could control boost so that part doesnt particularly worry me.

It does come with the kit, i got my kit 2nd hand with my PFC and it didnt come with it

Ahhh i thought so, thanks for clearing that up,also does the power fc boost controll solenoid plug straight into the gts25t standard boost controll solenoid wiring loom?

Cheers mate

Ahhh i thought so, thanks for clearing that up,also does the power fc boost controll solenoid plug straight into the gts25t standard boost controll solenoid wiring loom?

Cheers mate

no you have to cut and solder.

maybe back the front?

Tried reversing the NO line, wastegate didnt even open so plumbed it back.

I guess its the solenoid

Hey,

edit: strangeness! if you connected to the other port, you should have had exact reversal of previous

behaviour - with BCK enabled, should have been running on spring pressure; with it disabled, should

have been "unlimited" boost. Anyway...

At least you're making progress :)

Put a multimeter that can measure duty-cycle on the solenoid, and see whether it's being told to open or not.

At this point it doesn't _sound_ like the solenoid to me - when you have it enabled, it's closed; and when you have

it disabled, it's open. Sounds like the solenoid's working fine, but the controller's not telling it to open ... the

meter will tell you for sure though.

Regards,

Saliya

Edited by saliya

Hey,

edit: strangeness! if you connected to the other port, you should have had exact reversal of previous

behaviour - with BCK enabled, should have been running on spring pressure; with it disabled, should

have been "unlimited" boost. Anyway...

At least you're making progress :glare:

Put a multimeter that can measure duty-cycle on the solenoid, and see whether it's being told to open or not.

At this point it doesn't _sound_ like the solenoid to me - when you have it enabled, it's closed; and when you have

it disabled, it's open. Sounds like the solenoid's working fine, but the controller's not telling it to open ... the

meter will tell you for sure though.

Regards,

Saliya

Thats what i am thinking , the controller isnt telling the solenoid to open, coz the solenoid is opening. Also, something i noticed on my controller, Settings, Boost, no.2 the last digits are 201 instead of 255, all the rest are 255. Is this normal??

Cheers

Thats what i am thinking , the controller isnt telling the solenoid to open, coz the solenoid is opening. Also, something i noticed on my controller, Settings, Boost, no.2 the last digits are 201 instead of 255, all the rest are 255. Is this normal??

Cheers

Pretty sure that's the "learning" part; _exactly_ what the number means I don't know; but when you change

the duty cycle it goes to 255 again. A number that's not 255 is perfectly normal as far as I know.

If I had to guess I'd say it's "attack" - and that it self-adjusts so that you approach target boost as fast as

possible without hitting the boost cut - but I don't know :P

Regards,

Saliya

i just dont see how the boost control kit would work if the boost reading youve set to be desired and duty control, but the boost control the PFC is seeing is way off

like if you set the target boost to be 1.2bar at 80 duty cycle thats fine

but if the map sensor signal is wacko and it only ever see's say 0.30bar cos its wrong, then it has little hope of working, or at least i dont see how?

i just dont see how the boost control kit would work if the boost reading youve set to be desired and duty control, but the boost control the PFC is seeing is way off

like if you set the target boost to be 1.2bar at 80 duty cycle thats fine

but if the map sensor signal is wacko and it only ever see's say 0.30bar cos its wrong, then it has little hope of working, or at least i dont see how?

Hey,

if the MAP sensor's reading 0.5kg/cm2 and you set target to 0.5 (and it's _really_ 'something else') don't see how that would

be a problem - after all, it doesn't really care _what_ the number is, only how close to (or far away) you are from it...

I'm pretty sure he's "aiming" at the sensor reading (like if the sensor reads 0.5, but that's really 1, and he really wants 1, then

he programs 0.5...)

The only time this would be a problem that I can see is in terms of resolution (like if 0.1 == 1, then an 0.2 overboost is actually

3 instead of 1.2); or in terms of minimums (say it reads 0.3 @ 1; you can't dial up 0.3 as a target if you want 1)

Regards,

Saliya

Hey,

if the MAP sensor's reading 0.5kg/cm2 and you set target to 0.5 (and it's _really_ 'something else') don't see how that would

be a problem - after all, it doesn't really care _what_ the number is, only how close to (or far away) you are from it...

I'm pretty sure he's "aiming" at the sensor reading (like if the sensor reads 0.5, but that's really 1, and he really wants 1, then

he programs 0.5...)

The only time this would be a problem that I can see is in terms of resolution (like if 0.1 == 1, then an 0.2 overboost is actually

3 instead of 1.2); or in terms of minimums (say it reads 0.3 @ 1; you can't dial up 0.3 as a target if you want 1)

Regards,

Saliya

Saliya

Exactly, previously i was able to set my boost aruond the wrong reading and didnt particularly worry me.

Well ive given up, the solenoid has power there, i cant hear it move, so i am thinking it maybe my PFC which cannot adjust anything to it. Going to get rid of it and try a cheap boost valve.