SAU Community

Upgrading To R32 Gtr Front Brakes On 300zx

zed-031

I've decided to put R32 GTR front calipers and rotors on my 300ZX and am undecided on which rotor to use.

I can get DBA 4000 series for $180 each in Adelaide or should I go for a Japanese brand eg Endless or Project Mu.

The car will be mainly street driven but I will be doing hillclimb and the odd track day in it. What are your opinions on this setup and which gear is the best to use.

Oh the car is the early model 300, Z31 so single piston calipers are stock,

Cheers

Matt

Edited by zed-031

brembos or sumitomos?

Your calipers are the exact same calipers as the sumitomos, except they use a slightly larger rotor (296mm vs 280mm?). Its just the mounting holes are out frther to clear the rotor. They even use the same pad.

Not on upgrade at all if its a street driven car.

Have your calipers rebuilt with new seals, replace the lines and do a complete flush with fresh fluid and u will notice a big difference, add the dba400 rotors to your std size.

For pads try rb74's.

Edited by Bl4cK32

brembos or sumitomos?

Your calipers are the exact same calipers as the sumitomos, except they use a slightly larger rotor (296mm vs 280mm?). Its just the mounting holes are out frther to clear the rotor. They even use the same pad.

Not on upgrade at all if its a street driven car.

Have your calipers rebuilt with new seals, replace the lines and do a complete flush with fresh fluid and u will notice a big difference, add the dba400 rotors to your std size.

For pads try rb74's.

I have the Z31 300ZX so mine are Tokiko single piston jobs. I'll get the Sumitomos though when I get the calipers. Don't have the budget for Brembos.

I have the Z31 300ZX so mine are Tokiko single piston jobs. I'll get the Sumitomos though when I get the calipers. Don't have the budget for Brembos.

Don't worry about Brembo's. The difference between the poverty pack model used on the Skylines & the Sumitomo caliper is nowhere near worth the difference in asking price IMHO.

I've decided to put R32 GTR front calipers and rotors on my 300ZX and am undecided on which rotor to use.

I can get DBA 4000 series for $180 each in Adelaide or should I go for a Japanese brand eg Endless or Project Mu.

The car will be mainly street driven but I will be doing hillclimb and the odd track day in it. What are your opinions on this setup and which gear is the best to use.

Oh the car is the early model 300, Z31 so single piston calipers are stock,

Cheers

Matt

I have DBA 4000 series on my zed, 324mm rotors, but needed an adaptor to mount calipers. Mine is a Z32 so

different setup, perhaps you could ask this question here clicky or here clicky.

:yes:

I've also got a question similair to this. I'm planning on getting R33 GTST calipers. Looking @ the DBA catalogue, it seems they list the R32 GTR @ 296 x 32 and the R33 GTST @ 296 x 30. I thought the R32 GTR (with sumimotos) and R33 GTST had the same sized rotors. Can anyone shed light on this?

I've also got a question similair to this. I'm planning on getting R33 GTST calipers. Looking @ the DBA catalogue, it seems they list the R32 GTR @ 296 x 32 and the R33 GTST @ 296 x 30. I thought the R32 GTR (with sumimotos) and R33 GTST had the same sized rotors. Can anyone shed light on this?

I don't know if it makes any difference but the height of the Z32 and R32 disc is 54mm and the R33 and above is 53.75mm. That's why I was leaning towards the R32GTR setup as the all the measurements are the same. If you go the GTR disc you have to get the GTR caliper though, I don't think the GTS-T one will fit on the GTR caliper.

If you look at the Yahoo auctions the GTR Sumitomo calipers are going for around 20 000 yen or AUS$210 for the pair plus shipping etc.