200sx S15 Bilstein, Whiteline, Eibach & Noltec Suspension

Sydneykid

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds good! I just need some prices and dates :mad: And how do you think this setup would compare to say some tein flex suspension?

I will finalise the Group Buy over the weekend, orders can be sent any time after that. Delivery schedule looks like this;

Springs are usually in stock at Whiteline and Eibach

Bilstein takes 1-2 working days to fit the inserts into your standard struts

Bilstein have coil over kits and front struts in stock

Bushes are usually in stock at Whiteline

Stabiliser bars take 4-5 working days to make as Whiteline do not keep stock

Delivery is via Toll priority and usually takes 1-2 working days to anywhere in Australia.

As for comparison, same as the Skyline kits, shit all over anything from Japan in handling and ride comfort.

:( cheers :laugh:

To Gary

* So what are the springs rates going to be or range from?

* Which car do you think will 'handle better' a s15 with this kit(the full coilover version) vs a r33 gtst with their version of the group buy suspension?

* How do you think this suspension fares compares to say tein superstreets that have been revalved by falcrum to suit aussie conditions?

* How hard do you think it would be to modify my JIC magic camber tops to suit the struts?

* Would say you ve spent as much time and energy on developing this kit for the s15 compared to the skylines? and how happy are you with the results compared to the results you got for the skyline kits?

I m really keen about this kit. Almost ready to put a deposit down and put my money where my mouth is, once you have a price for it =)

Edited by bhappy

Hi, suggestions to your questions follow;

1. I have specific springs rates for different purposes, PM me some details about the car, engine power etc and what you intend to use it for.

2. Much of muchness, the Skylines have double wishbone front suspension which is a big advantage over MacPherson struts. SR's are lighter than RB's, and R33GTST's are heavier than S15's. So it probably all comes out pretty even, the S13/14/15 chassis is more manoeuvrable and the R33GTST more stable.

3. In comparison to the Bilsteins, Teins have simplistic valving and hence they work in a smaller range of conditions. Simply put, when Fulcrum revalve them for "Australian conditions" all they do is move that small window more "towards comfort on rough roads and away from handling on smooth roads". That simply isn't the case with Bilsteins, they have a much larger window. so they can do both.

4 What diameter coil springs do you have at the moment? Usually 62 mm. If so, then you will still be able to use them. But I am sure you are aware that they contribute nastily to the NVH, without offering any real handling advantage.

5. Actually MORE time, because the MacPherson strut front suspension is much harder to get right. There are inherent handicaps that had to be overcome. I have used 3 x S15's as the basis for tests over 6 months. One drives everyday and the owner wanted good ride comfort and good handling. The 2nd one wanted OK road driving with the capacity to do the odd circuit day without changing anything. The 3rd car is not daily driven, needed to be able to be driven to and from the circuit and then make changes for faster lap times, then driven home. All without the need to regularly visit a chiropractor.

This is, of course, in addition to the original engineering I did for Whiteline on their S14 kit, plus 3 years of working with a Production Class S15 circuit race car.

Hope that answered your questions, if not ask away.

:wacko: Cheers :huh:

one week later... still no news on prices or availability?

Hey Gary,

I too am keen for your S13 package, the 32 GTS-T is just fantastic which I've said previously :happy:

As a comparison, i took my 32 4door around QR a few weeks ago, didn't have a flat out go on the sprint track, but was at ~85-90% and working up slowly before the diff died. I was only 4 seconds off my RB25 powered Sil80 time of 60.7. 4door was keeping up with STI's Evo 9's and 996's in corners and under brakes...until power came into the equation.

Keep in mind the 32 is running standard boost 3 inch exh, rb74 pads, the killer SK suspension package and the same semi slick tyres as the Sil80-that's it. The Sil80 has ~330rwhp HKS suspension, whiteline bars, adjustable everything suspension wise and rb74s pad on the front and is ~200kg lighter than my 32.

That should give you an indication how good SK's suspension package is.

So Gary, what changes would need to be made for the extra weight of the RB25 in the S13??

Cheers

Simon

I guess i'll be going for the road kit. don't think i'll be able to afford the road & track kit.

is there anyone in sydney that currently has a set and doesn't mind taking me for a spin in their car? :D

So far everyone has gone for the Road & Track kit. As soon as someone chooses a Road Kit I will let you know and you can ask them for their opinion and maybe a test ride.

:( cheers ;)

Hey Gary,

I too am keen for your S13 package, the 32 GTS-T is just fantastic which I've said previously :D

As a comparison, i took my 32 4door around QR a few weeks ago, didn't have a flat out go on the sprint track, but was at ~85-90% and working up slowly before the diff died. I was only 4 seconds off my RB25 powered Sil80 time of 60.7. 4door was keeping up with STI's Evo 9's and 996's in corners and under brakes...until power came into the equation.

Keep in mind the 32 is running standard boost 3 inch exh, rb74 pads, the killer SK suspension package and the same semi slick tyres as the Sil80-that's it. The Sil80 has ~330rwhp HKS suspension, whiteline bars, adjustable everything suspension wise and rb74s pad on the front and is ~200kg lighter than my 32.

That should give you an indication how good SK's suspension package is.

So Gary, what changes would need to be made for the extra weight of the RB25 in the S13??

Cheers

Simon

Thanks for the wrap Simon. For the S13 with RB25 I would go for the Track Kit, but I will specify some slightly different spring and damper rates. Nothing major, just a little tweak.

:( cheers ;)