SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

I have seen skylines making over 600HP at the engine with the stock lines, so I can't see why you would need to for 300rwkw?

cheers, that's one less thing I have to worry about.

What are the standard sizes for the supply and return fuel lines on a 33?

The motor is going into an early commodore

It has VL rb30 lines at the moment, but will be replacing them with new ones.

what kind of cams would you guys recommend or be using if setting a rev limit of 7000rpm?

That is lower than the standard rev limit. Lowest we ever use is 7500rpm, and standad R32/33 GTR cams are fine at that level

i have a gtr i want to put the rb30 block in i have the block i know how to do the majority of the work..

QUESTIONS

1) i want to use r32 N1 oil pump, do i have to fit the jun or tomie crank colett thing?

2) i understand the gtr sump doesnt fit straight on any ideas on what has to be done apparently a 10mm spacer girdle has to be made? Is it just a spacer, what has to be done about the bolts that are studs with nut on the like around the diff o the rb26 sump????

If it is just a spacer will 6mm be enough???

3) it 750 hp safe and what revs can i make.. i want at least 7500rpm-8000rpm (due to the cams i have already), sub zero say its cool for 8500+, not sure bout that... i will be going the best assembly i can ie. crack testing, o ringing, cross drilled and balnced crank.. do you think its all possible...

4) apparently my bonnet wont fit on due to the extra 30mm from the rb30, anyone know for sure... can i modify the engine mounts to get it sitting back down???? i really dont want to cut holes will it fit with the cam cover left off??? this is on a r32

5) what water pump pulley should i go rb26 or rb30 as they are different sizes, i assume the rb26 one is bigger due to more revs??

6) sk whats your opinion on scat h beam rods i have heard they are the go???

Thanks guys i do have a seperate thread on this but maybe some missed it so i thought id try here,,,, thanks again,,,

Bottom line, I used an RB26 oil pump with new, slightly stronger pressure relief spring, cost $5 from the local spring supplier.

I have a perfectly good RB25DE pump but would like slightly more pressure. For $5, this appears the best route to take.

Sydneykid, do you know what spring rate i should be looking for? I'm in regional victoria and have no local spring suppliers to drop into to compare the RB25DE spring with.

My suggestion follow your questions............

1) i want to use r32 N1 oil pump, do i have to fit the jun or tomie crank colett thing?

No

2) i understand the gtr sump doesnt fit straight on any ideas on what has to be done apparently a 10mm spacer girdle has to be made? Is it just a spacer, what has to be done about the bolts that are studs with nut on the like around the diff o the rb26 sump????

If it is just a spacer will 6mm be enough???

Not that easy, I suggest you talk to RIPS about buying their kit.

3) it 750 hp safe and what revs can i make.. i want at least 7500rpm-8000rpm (due to the cams i have already), sub zero say its cool for 8500+, not sure bout that... i will be going the best assembly i can ie. crack testing, o ringing, cross drilled and balnced crank.. do you think its all possible...

No problems with 7,500 rpm.

4) apparently my bonnet wont fit on due to the extra 30mm from the rb30, anyone know for sure... can i modify the engine mounts to get it sitting back down???? i really dont want to cut holes will it fit with the cam cover left off??? this is on a r32

I know nothing about Silvias, so can't help with this one, sorry.

5) what water pump pulley should i go rb26 or rb30 as they are different sizes, i assume the rb26 one is bigger due to more revs??

RB26

6) sk whats your opinion on scat h beam rods i have heard they are the go???

We use Carrillo

Hope that helps

thanks mate really appreciate the feedback.

this is all for a gtr sorry if there was confusion on the silvia front with the user name and all... i wanted to know if i can make it fit an r32 GTR without cutting the bonnet....

also how can i tell an n1 pump from stock the bloke could be talkin it up!!!?????

Again thanks mate, legend.

We have an RB31DET (RB30/26) in a R32 GTST, fits no problems, there is still a Nismo strut brace in between the engine and the bonnet (which is a GTR one).

also how can i tell an n1 pump from stock the bloke could be talkin it up!!!?????

The part number is different. N1 oil pumps are the same dimensions as standard RB26 oil pumps, they flow the same amount of oil, the only difference is the pressure relief valve spring in the N1 pump is a higher rate. So they relieve at higher oil pressures. PM me if the part number is of any use (ie; he still has the original box).

When I did the RB30/26 on my R33 GTSt the intake crossover pipe/throttle body touched the bonnet. The strut brace also didn't fit. It was some no-name brand. I had to lower the engine about 25mm using adaptor plates between the mounts and the engine, and slightly relieve the engine/gearbox braces. The strut brace I had still didn't fit. Perhaps a GTR brace has a different profile. The clamp securing the crossover pipe to the throttle body has ever so slightly rubbed on the hood lining over time with engine movement.

welli think you mean the rb25 rb30 conversion, cause the gtr head ie rb26 plenum and throttle body are no where near the bonnet and dont cross over the rocker cover, thus it is totally different in relation to bonnet clearance.

1) the r33 engine bay is alot higher and the bonnet doesnt swoop down at the front as much

2) your throttle body and plenum go across the rocker cover the gtr has a side plenum so with the previous an added 50mm... a r25/30 conversion on a r32 is alot lot tighter than on a r33...

3) r33 strut braces sit flat across the bay, most r32 bend up towords the bonnet to clear the engine by along way especially the nismo one... there is no clearance issues here rather at the front on the head!!!

Hope thats all clear

paulr33, mate we need a bit more info if you seriously want a figure.. are you supplying the head, or anything else for that matter??....what car is it for??...what figures are you chasin??? stock bottom end or modded with all top shelf parts???

Im doin all the engine work myself included some machining, so al i have to do is buy rods, pistons, crank girdle, oil pump, bearings... should get out of it for 4k.... double to tripple that if your paying for it to be done!!!

hey all, im new to the forum and im just doing some research on rb30/25 conversion for my navara. i have lined up a rb30 from a 91 gts skyline and im guessing this is a gen II rb30 so will have provisions for turbo oil and water feed. is this correct? thanks for any feedback