SAU Community

Microtech

tommyb

hi just wondering i have rb25 so it has 6 injectors

i was wanting to clear up some stuff about some injector stuff

so hear it goes i was told the i can use the microtech lt4 or lt8, but because they can only run

4 injectors at a time that this will mean that it will fire an extra injector at all times

but then some one else told me that i can use it and they said that u can make them run a 3 pattern

so three injectors at a time but evan that will be using more fuel then u need

or i can use a lt12 which can run 6 injectors indeptently

please can some one clear all this up

thanks heaps

You can run a lt-8 but you will be using a wasted spark system..Run a lt-12, Proper sequential ignition and heaps more features.I would also suggest you use the X-6 ignition system so you can throw away the ghey nissan coils.

i know that u cant use lt4 or lt8 proply but so i knew i was right but i was just making sure of it

i cant stand when people tell me crap like that u know

so i was hoping that someones know alot about microtech so they could clear it all up for me

Edited by tommyb

not really. User = Idiot.

If I made wheels for a civic and u put them on your skyline ( or tried ) you'd be the idiot.

Microtech make ECU's for 4cyl 6cyl and 8cyl. You can make it work as suggested above, many people have before, but best solution is LT12. Its only a little more than the LT10 anyway.

When you are talking about LT8, thats second hand, I wouldn't bother, its up to $250 now for the reconfig from microtech.

x6 ignition system replaces ignitor, not coils... but yes, the microtech ignition modules are great. if you have a series 2, ofcourse your ignitors are in the coils, then you'll need to change them or you won't need the x6 module, up to u.

hahahaa therefore Microtech = Idiot =)

F#*k off effie.When your car makes as much power as mine or shane's (1jz747),then you can come back and make stupid comments like that..Yes,microtech's dont have as many load points as some ecu's but they do the job.Shanes car is the fastest cressida in the world and it has full trim and is quite drivable also.My car is a rb30det with a lt12 with X-6 and bosch coils and it is VERY drivable,even in cold starts etc,i drive it to work every day.And yes i also had my car tuned to pass an im240 emissions test and had no probs.I get my car tuned at the same place as shane and i am convinced that it is tuned just as well as any pfc equipped car.Not too bad on fuel either.I will be buying another microtech to put on my gtr..

hahahahaa its sooo easy to get a bite from the small tech users =)

I dont think a microtech would pass im240 on a 95 model car for those emission standards. I get 11.8 litres per hundred and i drive my car at least 140ks a day to go to work and back. would love to see a microtech do that.

If you got details of a microtech on a 95 model passing those tests then please send me the info and a scanned im240 sheet from the rta as i need as much info as i can get to get mine passed

anyway i never doubted a small tech cant make power.. my mate just built a rb30det with a microtech and on 17psi he made 520rwhp.

I would rather use a AFM or spend the money and get a real computer like a autronic or a motec.

Edited by Guilt-Toy

hahahahaa its sooo easy to get a bite from the small tech users =)

I dont think a microtech would pass im240 on a 95 model car for those emission standards. I get 11.8 litres per hundred and i drive my car at least 140ks a day to go to work and back. would love to see a microtech do that.

If you got details of a microtech on a 95 model passing those tests then please send me the info and a scanned im240 sheet from the rta as i need as much info as i can get to get mine passed

anyway i never doubted a small tech cant make power.. my mate just built a rb30det with a microtech and on 17psi he made 520rwhp.

I would rather use a AFM or spend the money and get a real computer like a autronic or a motec.

I've never actually tested the fuel consumption but it uses about the same as my gtr which has a standard ecu...I really dont think a microtech would have any problems getting you to work and back every day,but each to there own.

Its been said a thousand times on here before but il say it again,the ecu is only as good as the tuner so whatever your tuner is best at,is probaly the best ecu to buy.

Yes my microtech DID pass an im240 BUT it was only to vl commo standards because the car is a 72 model and its goes on whichever is newer,the car or the engine.

If you really want to pass the test,go and get it tuned with a 3 gas tester (john collins dyno has 1).I personally just got all the mixtures perfect though soft and hard accel,decel and idle.But your test will be a lot more strict.

Rather use a AFM???bahhahahaha

hi just wondering i have rb25 so it has 6 injectors

i was wanting to clear up some stuff about some injector stuff

so hear it goes i was told the i can use the microtech lt4 or lt8, but because they can only run

4 injectors at a time that this will mean that it will fire an extra injector at all times

but then some one else told me that i can use it and they said that u can make them run a 3 pattern

so three injectors at a time but evan that will be using more fuel then u need

or i can use a lt12 which can run 6 injectors indeptently

please can some one clear all this up

thanks heaps

Best bet is to run

LT12

is it series 1 or 2

Microtech is the best value for money ecu in the world dont doubt it

its better then those POWER FC

Best bet is to run

LT12

is it series 1 or 2

Microtech is the best value for money ecu in the world dont doubt it

its better then those POWER FC

hence the reason i went one. :happy:

but yes anyhow. the people who dont like the microtech are usually the ones who have had no experience with them or have had a dodgie tune and think thats as good as they get.

yeah pm 1jz, for some reason there are a few guys around who can get real good prices. i'm about to go grab my LT10 with x4 ignitor for $1000.

when u get them at the good price, makes it even more worth while.

also, with the newcastle guys, no doubt most microtech tunes around here are RX. ,maybe thats why we always here how bad fuel econ is with the microtech... we all know they tune a bit richer, they will alter this for u if u ask for a more economical tune. they assume u are after best performance and power unless u ask for otherwise like i have before... and they were very happy to re-tune at a reasonable rate for me.

u won't have problems if u get the LT12 for your application and get a decent tuner.

man i have said this before and ill say it again.

i run lt12s with 230kw street car daily driven. it constantly gets 11.5 -12litres per 100kms, i have had the setup for 2years.

why be so narrow minded?

powerfc would be better if you got defected/wanted to go back to stock to sell...

ive owned a microtech powered car and a power fc powered car and i have tuned both of them. The power FC is much better...

The microtech has software thats really fun/easy to tune with pretty graph's etc etc.

For an every day car the Power FC wins my vote - its just like a programable standard computer it feels like your driving a standard car but it has 400rwhp

my mate that has that 520rwhp VL confessed he is pulling the microtech out and selling for a motec or autronic. Why ? thats another story

$1200 he wants for it - its got coil system etc.. pm me if you want his contact details to buy this microtech