SAU Community

R34 - Mystery Switch

superioritycomplex

Hey R34 Owners,

I've had my R34 for 8 days now but there's a switch in the car that I have no idea what it does. It's just above my right knee and has 4 settings ( 0, 1 , 2 , 3 ) with a icon of a head light.

I've read thru my manual but it doesnt seem to shed any light on the mystery switch. Any help would be appreciated!

yes it's the headlight angle adjustment.

park your car in front of a wall at night with your lights on and switch the dial 1 through 4 and see what it does

have fun

see thats what I initially thought it was but it doesnt seem to change at all, I've even had a passenger stand outside and look for me. Perhaps it may have been disconnected during compliance???

not understanding what is hard to believe.

if the switch is connected then why wouldnt it work..

i changed mine back to xenon.. set the switch to lowest position to not blind anyone (not like its that harsh anyways) and off i went.. into the sunset

not understanding what is hard to believe.

if the switch is connected then why wouldnt it work..

i changed mine back to xenon.. set the switch to lowest position to not blind anyone (not like its that harsh anyways) and off i went.. into the sunset

Maybe the fuse is out or blown...

Sure it is something stupid like that :P

• 1 year later...
my car has switch taken off and xenon replaced with halogen lights.....anyone know why they do this just stuffs up a nice feature the car had from factory.......

To comply with ADRs, which state that any car with xenon (HID) headlamps must have automatic headlight range control (the switch on the R34s in manual adjustment) and headlamp washers, which the R34 doesn't have.

You'll notice on the European cars (and now some domestics too like Holden Caprice) when you order the Xenons as an option, it usually comes as a package with washer jets and automatic height adjustment.

Edited by Ozzilla