SAU Community

Headlight Globes!

I took out my low beam globes and put in these ultra bright blue ones (same wattage) it looks so much better at night i can see so much more, as the standard ones are quite dull. i noticed they are the same globes for highbeem as well, so i will buy another set and change them too :)

It looks much better i would highly suggest next time u blow a head light globe you change them both over :D

is it ok to wire my lights so when my high beams are on, my low beams are too? do they overheat? or blow fuses if i do this?

also i was thinking of getting some fog lights, i have a series 2 GTR front bar, if i was to get them, do i put them down next to the indicators?

how would i install and wire them? how much would it cost if i got UAS or someone similar to install them?

Thanks! :)

I tried the opti blue before. They have a nice cool whitist blue light. Look cool... But!!!! they dun shine as far and as clear when it is foggy or really really dark.

Anyone tried before also??

get a xenon-filled halogen if you can. eg plus-30 or plus-50.

Or higher wattage.

Blue tinting makes the light blue how - by blocking orange light! Light that could be shining down the road. Bugger that, I want more light, not blue light :D

cool i will visit viva garage since i personally know one of the owners best mates and i've spoken to those guys ... they are cool people and very helpful ... only bad thing for u guys is maybe their english isn't very good ... but highly recommend that place if u want something unique and RICEY :D ... i had them optiblues in my lights ... they blew up in less than a month ... the light was white ... i didn't notice any blue at all!!! unless i'm colour blind ??

;( but yeah ... i want something with a REAL blue tinge to it if you know what i mean ...

thanks for all ur help :D

hmm i went to car toys yesterday ... was listening to splits .. forgot to ask about light globes dammit ... maybe visit them on thursday night since they open late :D my cousin reckons the best to get are piaa but no one has them ... and they cost like 200 bucks or so hahaha

Guest Dragon

hippy, what type of bulbs in the PIAA range are you after?

I bring them in direct from Japan (Takes 5 days to arrive via post)

I have some H4 Plasma blue (Look bright purple) H3 Plasma blue (Nice blue) and a pair of H7 Spark blues. (Deep blue on road, purple fringe around projector lights!)

I also have a pair of Xtreme white H7's and H1's. (Blue bulb, slight tint of blue when on, VERY white light on the road.)

I'll be the first one to tell you, the Spark blue bulbs are dimmer then standard lights, but they are VERY blue. NOTHING on the road will look like these. Only good for showing off that you have deep blue headlights. (They are HOPELESS if it rains and very dimm compared to normal lights.)

The ONLY ones that are brighter then stock lights are the Plasma Blue H4 80/80 watt and the Xtreme white. They are slightly brighter on the road. (Work well in our X-Trail. No problems with wirering or plastic lenses.)

• 10 months later...

dragon:

I would like to know if these lights [piaa] that uses 55w to produce 100w cause any problems to your light assembly/wiring thus far in your vehicle? Also, it $100 for piaa plasma spark blue for H1 a bit much?

cheers.