SAU Community

R34 Headlight lense replacement

KillmeImhere

Keen to know if anyone has tried replacing their R34 headlight lenses with BEHRMAN HEADLIGHT REPAIR LENS KIT.

https://www.nengun.com/behrman/headlight-repair-lens-kit-r34-skyline

Couldnt find anyone talking about using them. Anf if you have, how would you rate them. Size, shape and fit compared to factory.

Trying to decide between giving this a go or shelling out the coin for new ones.

Mine are well past resto. Full of cracks.

I've ordered a pair. While mine had clouding at the top I could remove, it also has those  micro cracks you can see in the sun. My concern is a single bad review left at one of the sites like rhdjapan I think, that complained they did not fit well (did not seal well).

On the other hand they have been popular in Japan, allegedly. So perhaps the review is bogus or perhaps it was an earlier revision.

The other option is to buy second hand units without the ballasts but those seem to be price high and of course you can't be sure the ones you're buying are not on the way to the same issue. You can also buy new without ballast. Or buy new complete at even more $$$s! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/11/2020 at 12:57 AM, SLVRBAKSLPZ said:

I replaced my lenses on my 33 with Behrman's. They are clear and fit like OEM. you shouldn't have issues

20200820_123142.jpg

Did u just bake in an oven, pull apart, add new sealant and bob's your uncle?

Any hints, tips or learnings?

• 3 years later...
On 17/9/2020 at 6:02 PM, niZmO_Man said:

I bought replacement lenses for my Liberty from Alibaba, was about $200 + postage.

They should start churning out more lenses for R34 and R33, heaps of people will buy it.

@niZmO_Man how's the alibaba's replacement lens work out?

• 2 months later...

I installed them on my R34. Would recommend. There's an installation guide by Wisesquare (in Japanese) on youtube that will answer all your questions.

My advice, and this is where a couple of friends screwed up; stretch the sealant out evenly to about 150% it's length before inserting. 2/3 of my mates had to redo theirs because they didn't apply the sealant correctly. You absolutely do not want to do this twice.