SAU Community

Favour To Ask

Demoniak

Hi All,

I really want to get my hands even more dirty around this time with this car. So im going to try (attempt) to do as many things myself as possible.

However a few things i am still a little scared on taking on as a solo venture.

I think the first upgrade ( apart from a pod) will be the FMIC.

What i was wondering is if there is someone i can borrow to assist me with this. i have some tools but no hoist..

I can bring the kit + a carton of <insert alcohol> here or whatever will make you happy to help me fit the beast.

Be aware you will be put up on the forums with pics step by step etc.

Also if someone knows of a FMIC that fits without too much chopping ( and preferably keeping my front spolier) that would be dandy!

thanks in advance :(

half of topic. but anyway

whats with the whole conception that you need a hoist for everything??

yeh i know there alot easier to work on. but really just get a set of jackstands and a creeper...

the fmic should be relatively easy to install on your own, however iunderstand your want for someone to guide you. Im too far away however i will give you this advice.

measure atleast twice if not three timmes before you cut anything

half of topic. but anyway

whats with the whole conception that you need a hoist for everything??

yeh i know there alot easier to work on. but really just get a set of jackstands and a creeper...

the fmic should be relatively easy to install on your own, however iunderstand your want for someone to guide you. Im too far away however i will give you this advice.

measure atleast twice if not three timmes before you cut anything

Yah i kinda didnt mean hoist.. just at least a decent jack or 2 ( as i dont think the skyline came with one as it was on holidays when it was shipped over)

Since i have not had to do a lot of engine work i have not invested in a decent jack yet.

Thanks for the advice.. but yah want someone to hold my hand while i do it ( not literally) just help with bolting it on and explain why we are doing it a certain way.

but for half the price a just jap kit will fit with the aid of angle grinder a disc, tin snips, and hole saw... best value for money in my opinion.

Yeah let's see you justjap kit provide me with 26 degree inlet temps when ambient is 30 and I'm running 22psi boost.

PWR are unrivaled.

You need to look at your overall goal and the application of the cooler for the future. If you don't really need one atm you may as well stay with your stock cooler and not bother with all the effort. In essence all your doing is making the air travel further by installing a front mount when your running stock boost, waste of time and money imo. Running pipes over your fan through engine heat is just a general no, no, why cool it down only to heat it up again. Do it right the first time or save the money until you can afford to is my 2c.

Note the above logic doesn't apply if your simply after the "cool" front mount look.

Matt

he was talking bout the PWR core dropping the inlet temp to 26 when outside temp is 30 he was saying how good the PWR core is. but that kit prob cost 700+ but u get what u pay for in the end. and the just jap kit is an upgrade from the crappy SMIC...

he was talking bout the PWR core dropping the inlet temp to 26 when outside temp is 30 he was saying how good the PWR core is. but that kit prob cost 700+ but u get what u pay for in the end. and the just jap kit is an upgrade from the crappy SMIC...

lol yea I realised, i got sidetracked halfway through my post and mixed it up....like you say...you do get what you pay for. I have nothing against the justjap kits, i just think your always better off saving and getting better quality that can produce the results if your looking at keeping the car for a while..but hey its his money.

lol yea I realised, i got sidetracked halfway through my post and mixed it up....like you say...you do get what you pay for. I have nothing against the justjap kits, i just think your always better off saving and getting better quality that can produce the results if your looking at keeping the car for a while..but hey its his money.

Well its all about me in question..

i was going to get the just jap one... should i save up and get a 2000 dollar jobbie?

This was also going to be the first mod for the car.......do the exhuast first instead? (stock engine)

Hmm..perhaps then a new battle plan is in order?

Pod // exhaust // fmic // Boost controller // Chip ?

the Blitz Lm cooler and the ARC cooler fit easily..the use the stock holes...no cutting required

We thought that to... But we had to cut a fair bit. Ser 2 33... But we didnt have to drill any holes at all. Blitz LM Cooler Kit

Edited by 95SKY

the cross over pipe on the jusjap and hybrid style gets so hot.

I figure if the air is on my cooler long enough to cool it down then it must be in the hot pipe long enough to tranfer some heat to it.

Go the PWR or blitz style to keep ur stock pipes.

the cross over pipe on the jusjap and hybrid style gets so hot.

I figure if the air is on my cooler long enough to cool it down then it must be in the hot pipe long enough to tranfer some heat to it.

Go the PWR or blitz style to keep ur stock pipes.

How about the type - m trust intercooler kits? same as the justjap ones?

Also where can i get these PWR intercoolers? the blitz ones are pretty hexxy..for that price i will do the exhaust first.. is pwr about the same price range or more?

just jap..

lose the return cool pipe get a Greddy knock off manifold and hook that up.. more response than a Blitz LM and shorter pipping at around half price all up.. u can always water spray it.. wtih the blitz u still got the cross over pipe it just goes over the turbo not the rad fan... :P