SAU Community

Supercharged Skyline..?

BluSky3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DRD-00F that is one big turbo but does that thing really goin 2 fit in the supra.? but look forward 2 seeing your pics on that supra, just wondering does the supra have more engine space or does the skyline have more.?

StockyMcStock thats just supercharge rite.? no turbo yeah.. that sc looks like a sc-14 but it also looks like the kompressor supercharge i saw on ebay... thats pretty impressive power for an sc tho but duno how much mods he had 2 do 2 get to this power...

paulr33 just thought maybe reving harder could catch up a bit on the shifting on turbo cars, but u r rite rev hard doesnt mean more power but unless u reali mod it out properli but i just thought sometimes thinking of the normal way of power is a change might find some kewl ideas..

Anyone trust e-sc..? i'm thinkin of giving it a ago imagine e-sc + sc + T man i think i'm starting to go mad here........ miner.gif

erm....... no it's not. see the wastegate high mounted at the back of the engine bay?

IMG_1118.jpg

here is the manifold:

SV100110.jpg

here it is with just the turbo:

SV100111.jpg

which is fairly large:

SV100073.jpg

here is a youtube video i made of it:

this engine shits all over a turbo-only setup in almost every way.

p.s. i was thinking of making kits but it's too expensive and nobody could really afford it.

Edited by StockyMcStock

well i built the bottom end myself with new pistons, so that was super cheap.

had the head reconditioned, ported it myself.

made the exhaust manifold for $150 all up

the only real extra costs above a single turbo setup are the blower purchase price ($300), modifying the drive snout ($200), billet drive system ($500) and belts ($40) the steel was basically free and the idler bearing was cheap as chips.

it would cost a LOT if you asked a shop to do it. not to mention they would have NFI how to make it work. even the bloke who tuned it on the dyno didn't understand it.

Heres the supra i was talking about... you can see part of the engine in, the turbo and super chargers are mounted... and that thing at the front is a radiator, not an intercooler...

custom made exhaust manifold... not the first one they made... but best one for the job...

anyway, its coming along nicely... we're still waiting on parts and what not...

post-26194-1173315221.jpg

Heres the supra i was talking about... you can see part of the engine in, the turbo and super chargers are mounted... and that thing at the front is a radiator, not an intercooler...

custom made exhaust manifold... not the first one they made... but best one for the job...

anyway, its coming along nicely... we're still waiting on parts and what not...

Thats look sweet it looks like an earlier model of the supra is that rite.?

So how long is this project goin to take.?

were still waiting on some of the internals to come form the US, but i think they are on their way and being rushed... after that, theres still body work, electronics an paint... 'late march' has been uttered from time to time... but so was 'before christmas' 5 months ago...

i put money down when it started that it would pass easter... im gunna make $50 soon i think :(

they work pretty quick, its jsut parts that take forever...

man the dump pipe clearance to the firewall must be tight.

when i was looking at making kits for the 2jz supras i had a good measure up of it all, everything seemed far too tight at the back and you couldn't fit a GT42 compressor in between the engine and strut tower, but they've managed to jam it in behind somehow. dump pipe must be TIGHT!

what sort of blower is it? looks like one of the TRD ones, which are (as far as i can tell) enlarged and revised SC-14's. i hope it has the capabilities to produce the required boost and not run into the redline of the blower.

p.s. if the guys need any tech support, let me know. i trust they're using a bypass gate?

i dunno... im not a mechanic... but they've done all this before, never on a supra, and not quite to this extenet, but they have done it before...

and yeah, shit was tight on the 2JZ before hand anyway... now its gunna be really tight.

and yeah im pretty sure it is the TRD one... ive got one at home from the states that i tried to sell him but it was too big... might put it on the MX5 instead... gutless POS...

im not going there this weekend as i have paintball, but my mate is... ill let you know if there are any updates over the weekend...

I think he meant the MX5 was gutless.

haha yeah i did... the MX5 is gutless, and the supercharger is literally too big for this application... basically in just size...

im heading to the shop tomorrow... ive got some shit to talk about... ill see what they're up to... :(

If you´re after a turbo and a supercharger on a car, I seem to recall a car that did that. I´m pretty sure it was the Nissan march or something similiar. From memory it came equipped with a turbocharger and a supercharger with a clutch that engaged one or the other.

Oh, found a link:

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/id/?id=132715

yep, it´s T&S/charged

small engine though.

If you found out how it was done, maybe it would help.

***UPDATE***

they felt the supra was too heavy for the mods, so they chucked it on this trolley instead :rofl:

yeah i dunno, they're waiting for some internals that still haven't come from the US... no real progress can be done til they get in...

picture009gf0.th.jpg

picture013wa2.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

DRD 00F Please keep us posted.!

Hi All,

I have purchased this e-sc and going to put it on with a turbo setup on my n/a i was also thinking getting a chipped n/a ecu then a emanager, any other suggests of this setup.? i'm tryin to keep as low as possible in budget. thanks.