SAU Community

R34 Xenon Lights/ And Annoyinmg Reverse Beep

hi, does anyone know what type of lights to use in the xenon system for the r34. The lights lense has a sticker on it saying it has been converted to xenon and not to attemt to use any other gas type. so the lights that are advertised with xenon gas are they safe? or will i damage the system ?

and that real annoying beep how in gods earth do you by pass it to shut up?

( plss plss its driving me nuts)

you sure it says converted to xenon not halogen. As for the beep, yeah it pisses me off too

wait yours beeps in reverse. ha ha weird i thought you where talking about when the key is in. Is that standard ?

Edited by nsm034

hi, does anyone know what type of lights to use in the xenon system for the r34. The lights lense has a sticker on it saying it has been converted to xenon and not to attemt to use any other gas type. so the lights that are advertised with xenon gas are they safe? or will i damage the system ?

and that real annoying beep how in gods earth do you by pass it to shut up?

( plss plss its driving me nuts)

its got a xenon logo on the lense. so im sure its xenon.

my 34 is auto and when you select the reverse gear it beeps to tell you it in rverse??? so annoying

its got a xenon logo on the lense. so im sure its xenon.

my 34 is auto and when you select the reverse gear it beeps to tell you it in rverse??? so annoying

Just because it says xenon does not mean you have xenon. The lamps would have been replaced to halogen during compliance so I don't think you have xenons. Are ur lights a bright white color and takes a few secs to come on? If so you have xenons...if they are the normal yellowish light, then its been converted to halogens.

if they're converted to halogen it will probably have numbers engraved into the top of the light sort of where the bonnet sits. I'd say your xenons have been chopped out like mine. If so you just get normal h1 halogen bulbs ( i think its h1 , haven't changed them for a while) from autobarn etc. I've heard phillips have good bulbs. The high beam is something diffent but i don't know what it is. Sorry i got a manaul trans so cant help with the beep

Just because it says xenon does not mean you have xenon. The lamps would have been replaced to halogen during compliance so I don't think you have xenons. Are ur lights a bright white color and takes a few secs to come on? If so you have xenons...if they are the normal yellowish light, then its been converted to halogens.

that sounds about right its been etched out with a H1 12v/55w serialed into it. The high beam is a tricky one i know never heard of it before.

that sounds about right its been etched out with a H1 12v/55w serialed into it. The high beam is a tricky one i know never heard of it before.

does anyone out there know how to by pass it and have no sound while reversing ?

You are correct alot of em loose xenons when complianced but mine was left in and alot of others i have talked to theres were also left.

i got the reverse beep aswell.. i think its normal..

yeah its bloody normal.

does anyone out there know how to by pass it and have no sound while reversing ?

There is a wire u can cut... apparently if u pull off the plastic covering around your gear selector there will be a wire attached somewhere near the "R" setting u simply cut it.

where is the beep coming from ? Under the dash ? Stick your head where it's beeping and see if it has a beeper/ speaker somewhere and pull the wire going to it

As above... but in saying that I have not cut mine nor look in there as it does bug me when reversing for a while but don't want to damage the interior surround.

if they're converted to halogen it will probably have numbers engraved into the top of the light sort of where the bonnet sits. I'd say your xenons have been chopped out like mine. If so you just get normal h1 halogen bulbs ( i think its h1 , haven't changed them for a while) from autobarn etc. I've heard phillips have good bulbs. The high beam is something diffent but i don't know what it is. Sorry i got a manaul trans so cant help with the beep

so in compliance do they just change the globes or did they change the whole set up? i have xenon, but its been converted back to halogen, want needs to be dont to get it back to the factory xenon? bloody compliance, why cant they just leave stuff alone...

cheers

so in compliance do they just change the globes or did they change the whole set up? i have xenon, but its been converted back to halogen, want needs to be dont to get it back to the factory xenon? bloody compliance, why cant they just leave stuff alone...

cheers

Can't simply change back in most cases they cut the wires out making it impossible to fix. Need new headlights basically. Also they usually take the ballasts.