SAU Community

Just Got Back From In Tune Performance

Pal

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys was browsing forum found this thread, i recently took my car to aaron as a stocker only had pod filter and 3inch stainless turbo back zorst that i did myself already, for me he fitted apexi turbo timer, safc, fuel pump, piller mount and greddy boost gauge, GFB mach boost controller, FMIC, fuel filter, and dyno tuned my car run a tune into safc, done all this for $939 car come out at 286.9 rwhp at 12psi with faulty coilpacks, was very surprised at his knowldge recommend Aaron as he did a great job on my car and he is very straight foward :).

hope this helps guys,

Adam

Hmm, I thought I would give them a go, cos Lumpy isnt tuning any more, and so many people on here have had such great results

I paid nearly $1000 for intune to fit cams (that I provided) in an SR and give me a tune (power fc),

end result:

lacked power (less power after fitting cams than with stockys), rich as hell, hunted like a pig and stalled alot cold, flat spots (and not to mention he fried my battery isolation switch)

I was very sad.

took car to another dyno, figures were over 20hp down from what in tune's dyno showed, got it retuned (not at intune) I got more power, no flat spots, no hunting and stalling, no pumping soot all over my garage in the morning - and it cost me ALOT less than what I paid at intune initially

Personally I dont want to see they guy again, hear or speak to him. I feel a bit screwed after my experience there - if you know what I mean.

Just chalking it up to a very expensive lesson learnt.

who did the fix it up for you steve?

i had issue with my 1st tune, and have since took the car to all-star and been very happy with the results :huh: maybe give them a go. if ur interested i can shot u a pm

got it sorted by Ovaboost, they do good work, and a hell of alot cheaper - $300 for a complete retune, and they even pulled the rocker cover off (bit harder on SR than cam gear covers on RB) to check the cams were set up right. Great guys

• 1 month later...
I paid nearly $1000 for intune to fit cams (that I provided) in an SR and give me a tune (power fc),

end result:

lacked power (less power after fitting cams than with stockys), rich as hell, hunted like a pig and stalled alot cold, flat spots (and not to mention he fried my battery isolation switch)

I was very sad.

took car to another dyno, figures were over 20hp down from what in tune's dyno showed, got it retuned (not at intune) I got more power, no flat spots, no hunting and stalling, no pumping soot all over my garage in the morning - and it cost me ALOT less than what I paid at intune initially

If you have an issue with any tune/work done you should go back to the guy first. I understand why your pissed but at least talk to the shop and see if they will fix it for you ($0). If that doesnt work go somewhere else THEN bag the shop.

You really should ask first

I discussed the state of the tune, I paid extra for him to try and sort it (Yes, I f**kING PAID)

But thank you for your wonderful advice

I posted up here so that others reading this thread would realise that not all things are roses and goodness - and wont end up wasting big $$$ for f**k all

But you please feel free to use them.

• 4 weeks later...
You really should ask first

I discussed the state of the tune, I paid extra for him to try and sort it (Yes, I f**kING PAID)

But thank you for your wonderful advice

I posted up here so that others reading this thread would realise that not all things are roses and goodness - and wont end up wasting big $$$ for f**k all

But you please feel free to use them.

No worries buddy the advise is free. Ive heard some mixed result from Aaron some love him others dont. I wont be using his services any time soon.

Edited by SSidewayz

it's always the way... you'll likely hear good and bad of everyone.

there is one particular workshop i will NEVER touch again, but then others rave about it.

i do all my own mechanical work, but as yet, dont know who id get my car tuned by...